Cheap Steel Cartridges

TIDES EDGE

Never seen them , but With that name I would guess they were made for the German market. Gamebore are usually good cartridges for the money. They should work fine for flight pond shooting , but the increased firepower of 3 inch gamebore mammoths will give you a clear advantage for wildfowling.

Just brought 1000 Game Bore Jaguar Gruppen 32 grm No4 shot for £172 as far as I can see they are the same spec as Wetland any one tried them ,at that price I am going to use them at everything.

The last lot I bought was eley vip steel 32g / 5 and they worked out @ £ 4.30 a box so the same as yours per thousand, unfortunately I would imagine they are old prices by now.

Gamebore 32gm 4 are underrated for ducks, in my opinion. With a little choke, they knock ducks stone dead at decent ranges. Certainly better than just a 'decoying' cartridge.

The last lot I bought was eley vip steel 32g / 5 and they worked out @ £ 4.30 a box so the same as yours per thousand, unfortunately I would imagine they are old prices by now.

Yeah, I think you'd be looking at £6 a box these days.

I think they are 1575fps but the danish are saying the manufacturers speed is optimistic in comparison to what they have over the chronograph.

They are called hypersteel sorry not hyperfast

Where did you get the jaguar about, I'd be interested to try some on my chrono!

Guest cookoff013

1700 fps cartridges don't interest me. Too much kick for no real gain

+1

dont get me wrong, speed kills. but so does large slow dense shot. and has done for many years.

For an "all rounder" I would perhaps go for 36 gm 2 or 1 (3.8 - 4mm). The speed I like is from 1300 - 1450 fps. This is for factory bought stuff.

I have had good results on ducks and geese with 42gm Mammoth 3s.

Going to try them out on crows on thursday will report back on performance.

Well unfrotunatley the crows did not want to play ,we have given them a pasteing over the last month did manage to fire 15 shots some at extreme range and the results were good including a 45yd pigeon stone dead they are a very punchy shell even through an auto might even have to go and get some more to stock pile.

Guest cookoff013

For an "all rounder" I would perhaps go for 36 gm 2 or 1 (3.8 - 4mm). The speed I like is from 1300 - 1450 fps. This is for factory bought stuff.

I have had good results on ducks and geese with 42gm Mammoth 3s.

+1

i couldnt agree more. the information above should steer you to some great shells, fit for purpose.

i`m going to mess about with some ITX at some point. but from a price point of view, it`lll be a small messaround.