Log Horse

billytheghillie

Definitely this.

I got mine on amazon for the same price but I've just looked and it's gone up.

I've got one of the cheap ebay galvanised ones and it's utter gash.

This one will support massive logs it really is heavy duty.

Do u cut a lot of firewood??

I made my own but sort of in reverse, instead of a long thing holding 1 log, mines is a narrow thing with wide feet and i can put 2/4 quad trailer full of logs on it and cut them all at the same time

I will say it does bring up various H&S issues and can make kick back more likely if ur not careful, just got to be aware. I usually ratchet strap the logs down

U now also get more professional versions that have enough dividers that holds ur pile of cut logs in place and u can tip them directly into ur wheel barrow, quite a clever idea and will save a lot of double handling.

With mine the logs just end up in big heaps and it can take a while to bag/move them all

I bought one of these with just two upstands but I am a bit peed off because the red upstand that goes through the wood at the bottom has split the wood at the bottom.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/MULTI-WOOD-STAND-SAWHORSE-BULK-LOG-GRIP-HOLDER-CHAINSAW-CUTTING-SAW-HORSE-bls4-/272307362195?hash=item3f66c89993:g:CUcAAOSwHMJYHIWD

It was a good thing but now I shall have to repair it some how, I think it was about £25