May and fox hunting......

69chris

No law should be introduced based on prejudice.......I do not hunt and have no interest in doing so, but this law was not pushed through because it was an animal welfare issue it was based on class hatred, ignorance and prejudice.......I would have no problem if the hunting with dogs act was repealed!

But they do. We have lost self loaders and hand guns. If we get Labour in with Dianne Abbot as home sec. don't think she will leave us alone. It will be pop guns, corks and short string.

I am also mostly indifferent to fox hunting but the thing is most people in this country live in large towns and have little or no contact with the countryside they watch programs on TV all of the time about our wildlife and see then looking for food and trying to bring up there fluffy young be it birds or animals.

Then we have the other side we see all of the time men with guns killing innocent people in wars all over the world so is it any wonder that when they see people with guns going out to shoot and kill innocent wild animals they put it all together and 2 and 2 makes 5 in a country that does not do guns or killing things we are fighting a loosing battle I think.

Edited by four-wheel-drive

David Cameron suffered socially amongst the 'Chipping Norton set' as he promised a vote on foxhunting and never had one. The reason is perfectly clear and that is that he never had a large enough majority to be sure that a vote to repeal the hunting act would go through.

Just realised Mrs May may have played another blinder, reading the mirror( Thursdays) lots of ranting about fox hunting, how dare they the hooray henrys!!! Even if she does nothing just leaves things as they are the muppets are getting all worked up while still not focusing on anything that may help them.

While being rather indifferent to fox hunting, I really can't understand this 'keep a low profile' attitude amongst those who shoot, fish, hunt etc.

It does absolutely no good whatsoever.

After Dunblane a well known shooting organisation advised just the same, thereby the uproar which should have taken place was voiced by a minority whose voices couldn't be heard and were then thrown on the bonfire in the hope the remaing disciplines wouldn't be tarnished by the same brush by association; all done to placate an emotionally charged populace. Despicable.

Stand up and make your voices heard.

Absolutely 100% agree with you. Having seen some comments from riflemen (& I am one) on Farcebook, some fieldsports people need to have a good long, hard look at themselves