CARTRIDGES FROM FRANCE

Good post, I bumped into a mate last week whilst in Countryways who had just returned from France and brought back shells which he said equated to £150, he reckoned there is no limit if for own use but obviously you'd need your licences both European as well as our own, personally can't see it as a viable option even though I live within a few miles of Dover because my car gets randomly selected for extra scrutiny with mirror sticks :lol: .

Hi I'm heading to France this weekend,has anyone bought cartridges from France? are they cheaper?can you just bring them through Customs without declaring them and is there a limit to quantity?

dont buy them ...they will shoot to the "left" now

If you don't have a French hunting or ball trap permit, they may not sell them to you, a lot depends on where you want to buy them?

Most cartridges are not significantly cheaper in France than they are in the UK, also if you bring back more than 1000 you may have difficulties if you are pulled over for a vehicle check, check the website of the ferry company you are travelling with.

Cat.

I remember going into a hypermarket and they had self defense cartridges with solid rubber ball and something like sg size.they had small canisters of CS type riot gas in amongst the groceries and shoes and pushbikes. There were shooting mags with articles about wild boar shooting but the biggest problem with all of this is the language barrier. The blighters speak oddly. It's not quite as bad as trying to converse with a Geordie or a Scouser or Jock but it ain't easy. Another angle is weight limits. I know that the coaches have problems with axle loading when the passengers​ start loading all of the booze in the hold. They really ought to try to learn English. But If you talk slowly and loudly they sometimes get the jist of it. Blooming foreigners

Edited by fortune