The Game Fair 2017 Hatfield House

catroofel

Parking was a joke, we were sent to 2 different gates, when we left we drive from car park c to a junction only to be sent back into another car park by a guy who had no idea, so we were stuck again..I did like the show but parking was a joke...so was the security.

Several people said to me that they had problems parking. I have to say that I had no problems at all myself and it all went very smoothly. My biggest problem was the traffic on the M25 and A40 on Friday evening - where a journey that took me 2 hours to go without hurrying took well over 4 hours to return. That is not the organisers fault, but I doubt I will go to Hatfield again for that reason. I will go to Ragley (next years venue) assuming it is still free for BASC as it is a nice venue and much nearer for me.

Edited by JohnfromUK

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

went on Sunday, drove up Saturday afternoon and stayed local near St Albans. Had no problems getting in, parked in Carpark "C" walked straight in, I had booked the wife a BASC guest ticket, which was scanned quickly at the gate. our biggest error was deciding on walking boots leaving the wellingtons in the car, realised this was a mistake as soon as we got the gate.

missus was pleased with a leather handbag she got! happy wife happy life! I bought a new shooting vest and nearly parted with my money at "lads guns" for a browning 725 black edition, young guy in there was doing an extremely good job of hard selling, but I resisted. we left at about 3 as it was turning showery. overall thought it was a good day out and we had a good journey home.

I will make the effort to go to Ragley next year but would do 2 days

Went Friday, thought signage to the event was very poor. I know some of the area but getting to a junction on the A1000 there was no sign saying which way to go. I went left towards the House entrance, I should have gone right for entrance going to car park.

Had a walk along the massively long line of food stalls then Gunmakers Row. My mate parted with £450+ for a pair of Cens Digital ear plugs. We had a look at the Clay Line then took the long trek back to the cars for our guns. Shot the Sporting Clays, £30 for 50 birds!!!! Even the BASC run Have a Go was £12 for 10 clays (Adult) £10 for Juniors. C'mon now! Are they trying to attract new shooters or show just how expensive things can be?

Thought the burgers, tea/coffee and Danish pastries were reasonably priced, compared with somewhere like Wembley.

Long walk back and away by 4pm, only a small queue to get out onto the A1000. Some idiots driving at speed against the flow when we were driving out.

went sunday no problem parking I found it a good day my daughter had a go with a 20 bore semi auto and a 12 bore over under both her and the mrs got clothing at a good price and both would go again

thank you to basc for the free entry for me that was the decider if we went or not and we would all definatly go again

Just back and a few observations.

1, My mate came along to buy a new rim fire, Hull had none on show!, why no rifles bs answer about licenses so no go there.

2, Ruag, yea special deal gun for £795, ticket on gun states £735 show offer, sales man dissapears another numpty turns up and says it's an error and clears off, another no deal with no sorry mate or f all.

3, Some very good people on other stands but lacking in info on products available.

4, ln and out in no time at all, good traffic management.

Would l go again, nope.

If I was asked which two in particular outfits engendered little or no confidence in the British gun trade, then I'd simply refer them to the quoted post.

I was there all weekend on the clay line Saturday and Sunday. Parked the car in A2 longish walk in but easy in and easy out, heavy rain made the inner show muddy but drove the little A3 out with no problem didn't even get mud on the bodywork so haven't bother to wash the car. I was on the M25 with in 20 mins of leaving but did stay later than lots.

Friday had a look at some newly released rifles I wanted to see and bought a bit of rifle ammo as it was cheaper than ordering it with delivery at trade price!

Edited by welshwarrior

Guest topshot_2k

There wasn't one at Hatfield last year.

There was a small fair at Knebworth, but a different company running Knebworth than Hatfield

Was at ragley hall and the game fair at ragley last year was much better imo

Edited by topshot_2k

Was at ragley hall and the game fair at ragley last year was much better imo

I thought the poster may have mixed up Hatfield with the Knebworth game of last summer..

I was working at Ragley last year, but as with all game Fairs when you work on the coaching line you do not get a chance to see the Fair.

So 3 days Hatfield and all I saw was the rear of the BASC tent where I had lunch and the BASC Coaching line.

Sorry for the confusion.

I went on the Friday and we were straight in. Good start! I've only ever been to the shooting show before which I've found ok. Not been going for deals really, just like looking at the kit.

I did think the game fair was a bit more, the furniture and clothing fair with some guns in a corner.

It's somewhere I'd like to take the wife but this time I took the brother in law and he wasn't in the market for a handbag.

I was after a 30inch SX3 but all that was available were 28" so nothing for me other than a stalking knife.

Brother in law wanted an ATM X Sight HD. ATM (show price) £1100 for the full kit, extended battery and IR. We decided to have a walk around and think about it. We had a quick google on the way and the first website had the same kit at £939.

I'm sure with free entry, the stand holders pay huge fees so I get that some things will be dearer but this seemed excessive. Anyway I was persisted and fair play to them they did match the price (eventually!)

Anyway, it's a cracking bit of kit and for me, well worth the £940 HE spent on it.