Hello from Fife

serrac

Hi,

I've been lurking here for a while and occasionally itching to jump into some of the conversations - so time to register.

I'm a recent returner to shooting after a hiatus of 30 years or so - ironically prompted to get active again by the SNP's AWC folly. Don't get me started on that but I suppose it did get me off my backside and participating again in order to keep the guns that had been sitting innocently on top of the wardrobe for decades. Of course that required finding a permission to go with my certificate application - which actually turned out not that difficult for me as a church acquaintance happens to be a farmer with ~300 acres and lots of rats and feral pigeons around his buildings.

I currently have the following:

RWS LR20 .22

Webley Raider 2 shot .22

Original 35 .22 (actually belongs to my brother but he doesn't have a licence so...)

Sharp Innova .177

My wife says all but one will have to go and if she enforces that the RWS will be the keeper.

My farmer friend is OK with me getting a shotgun to go decoying but I've been sitting on my SGC application for a while, partly due to the GP issue but also because of a recent bereavement and a lot of strife with my wife's family over finances which has threatened at times to boil over into legal issues which might prejudice my application. Hopefully soon.

Cheers

Mike

Ah....the AWC....Scotland's future mindset of zero logic, printed large & available for all the world to see real world Marxist politik in action.

Shame you've been told to thin the herd.

Would it not be less of a wrench upgrading the spousal unit? A few of them EU imports kicking around this time of year...dead handy getting a crop of spuds in.

:lol:

The thing is she's as likely to be able to tell two guns apart as I could a pair of knitting needles - so as long as I only ever bring them out one at a time...

The spousal strategy probably wouldn't work so well some of these eastern European ladies - probably more a case of them laughing at my little toys as they head out the door with some serious hardware.

Fancy a coffee in Dobbie's sometime?

You can put your big fish in the goldfish pond - he'll be absolutely fine.

Not so sure about the goldfish though :no:

Yeah sure mate 👍 won't be bringing the big fish along tho.

Cheers Alec....

• 8 months later...