shotguns stolen in Derby

HDAV

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Whats a large number? 10 is very easy to get, especially as a shooting couple.

2 OU per person (1 + one spare of sort) = 4

2 SxS per person = 4

Odd hammer gun, odd 410, odd "Oh I really like that semi auto" is 3 or 4 and you already have 10+ guns...

I can see that for a couple shooting for a long time, 18 isn't terribly hard to reach... especially if you like keeping gun you outgrown or something....

Edited by buze

I once sold a shotgun to a bloke who had over 40 shotguns he apparently built he's spare room into a gun room and had to have a monitor alarm.

Another bloke I met who was a target shooter and a hunter he had over 30 firearms not including moderators about 4 were fac shotguns and afew rimfires with the rest being centrefire rifles quite afew being same calibre.

A cousin of mine who at the time of Dunblane was the treasurer (?) of Bishop Auckland gun club, owned over 40 firearms. All were surrendered as part of the compensation scheme following the ban.

Another shooter in our local club, surrendered over 20 and for the same reason.

This was near to me,surprised nobody round here heard of this.I hope the scumbags get caught asap though I'm guessing the guns will have all been sold off for a pretty penny by now.One of the pitfalls of living on a farm is that you are very exposed and police can't reach you as quickly as you'd like in these situations if your able to raise the alarm fast enough.I hope the victims are recovering well.

It's a lot of guns for any one to have .you can only shoot one at a time .i think there should be a limit

Of the number of guns people can have

Sure you mean well, but if you think about that for a minute that probably qualifies as a knee jerk reaction which over the years has caused us no end of problems.

Oh OH can I play this as well. I think there is no reason for car to do over 70 mph, engines should be 1L or less as it just needs to get the car moving, err what else oh you shouldn't have a house that has rooms you don't use., all food should be blended so we can get rid of knives and forks I'm sure that there is loads of other things we could do with out as well. /sarc