Picking up a 22 Hatsan 900 X next week, Looking to fit a tune kit ? et

oldypigeonpopper

Hello, as above, having read the reviews and found at a good price, this will be my summer ratting rifle as the evenings pan out light till about 10 and have put my N/V away till october, if i do shoot later evening i have a red torch, so what advice for tuning and is there anything else can do to make shooting this rifle more better, (trigger) i shall see how it goes first out of box, will be using superdomes as they seem to what a lot of shooters use, or what you recommend?, most of my ratting is between 10/25 yards, can you get a decent zero using the open sights? i have a spare scope nikko sterling gold crown delux 6 x 40 wide angle, do not know anything about these ? are they shock proof, anyway all advice welcome, ps its only a farm ratter so did not break the bank ha ha

I had a striker 1000s and it loved jsb exacts.

The trigger was pants but predictable. It was remarkably accurate juat heavy and difficult to shoot due to the long singke stage trigger pull and the overall weight. Rested a bit ie leaning on something suitable and with a bit of pratice it would do half in at 30 yards all day.

I don't see the 900 being much different so try the jsb's.

Hello, as above, having read the reviews and found at a good price, this will be my summer ratting rifle as the evenings pan out light till about 10 and have put my N/V away till october, if i do shoot later evening i have a red torch, so what advice for tuning and is there anything else can do to make shooting this rifle more better, (trigger) i shall see how it goes first out of box, will be using superdomes as they seem to what a lot of shooters use, or what you recommend?, most of my ratting is between 10/25 yards, can you get a decent zero using the open sights? i have a spare scope nikko sterling gold crown delux 6 x 40 wide angle, do not know anything about these ? are they shock proof, anyway all advice welcome, ps its only a farm ratter so did not break the bank ha ha

hello, picked the hatsan up today, not a bad deal for £90 from swindon rod and guns, cleaned and oiled barrel, will put a bit more grease on spring and tube, superdomes are a bit tight. will do a zero at 20 yards as using the open sights, thanks for your replies. cheers

• 6 months later...
On 14/05/2017 at 08:01, Longbower said:

Tinbum does a kit, and a longer 3mm grub screw in the trigger sorts out the appalling length of creep.

My son had one , but didn't get on with it, (he kept borrowing my HW95K ,) So soon sold it on .

The pellet he found it liked most was AA Diablo.

hello, thankyou to reply, where can i get the longer 3mm grub screw, i shall do the foresight first and then a tinbum kit, cheers can you pm re grub screw,

57 minutes ago, Longbower said:

I got a pack of five from a DIY outlet. Wickes I think.

ok thanks, i have been looking at various postings on the web and U tube at removing the plastic fore sight or cutting the barrel and re crown, fitting a 16mm silencer adapter and silencer and fitting a tune kit i reckon about £50/60

Edited by oldypigeonpopper

I've just bought a 99s 177 only fired a few shots through it and I'm really impressed with it out the box and if it gets better as it weres in I don't think il bother getting it tuned for now I had a hatsan 60 and tryed a stoger they both grouped like a shot gun no matter wat pellet I tried so got rid of them 

• 2 weeks later...
On 22/11/2017 at 23:32, Longbower said:

Yes, but by the time your anywhere near finished , a HW99  could have been purchased, which solves all the problems out of the box.

But , sometimes its the journey , not the destination.

This.

Why give yourself the hassle? 

Better gun, rekord trigger, just so much more gun and it will hold a reasonable resale value and last forever. My 97K was at least 10 years old and many thousands of pellets before it needed opening up and that was just for a service. Go on, you know you want to.

Edited by manthing

On 24/11/2017 at 08:42, bigfish1 said:

I had a hatsan 60 and tryed a stoger they both grouped like a shot gun no matter wat pellet I tried so got rid of them 

Odd as I got a mate a Stoeger.177 and over 20yds it's pin point accurate and groups well. Maybe it opens up further out or he just got lucky. 

I was out with it to day trying to get some woodies but nowt about so done a bit of target practice to fine 0 it in with hn field target trophy it was practically pellet on pellet at 30 yards I even shot the drawing pins holding target up and it hasn't even fired a 100 shots yet really inpressed with it at the moment wish I bought one first instead of buying the cheaper  riffles 

On 22/11/2017 at 19:48, oldypigeonpopper said:

ok thanks, i have been looking at various postings on the web and U tube at removing the plastic fore sight or cutting the barrel and re crown, fitting a 16mm silencer adapter and silencer and fitting a tune kit i reckon about £50/60

hello, just an update, this morning i manadged to get the plastic forend off, took a couple of hours carefully cutting down from the front but not touch the inner barrel, i measured from inside, then i sliced off in bits which opened up to reveal the thread and a round nut, ( not as suggested 17mm nut) that came off ok using mole grips, the washer slid off to, what was left i spliced cut across as it sat on a splined area, once loose it was a matter of a mole grip turning round until loose enough to take off by hand, ok you are left with a 55mm by 12mm barrel end the threaded and splined but the crown is undamadged and i did not need to cut off barrel, so to the fitted silencer i have found a good deal for a HW copy 180mm X 32mm made in UK and this will be made to slip on the 16mm barrel and 2 grub screws to hold, PRICE FOR MOD £25 posted, 1/2 inch UNF also made,  will see how the 900 goes with new mod and think to do the internal tune kit.       

Edited by oldypigeonpopper

On 06/12/2017 at 10:57, bruno22rf said:

Just out of interest - how much has the gun cost you so far, including your time at, to make life easier, £10/Hr?

hello bruno, the 900 was £95 but  dont cost out my time, thats what being retired means, i still like to tinker about with things being a retired engineer/welder although i wish i had my workshop, still do a bit of welding, last was welding some plates on a gate post at my friends farm, soon to help a friend with his motor with a bit of mig welding.  will see how it goes with the new moderator  

• 2 years later...