Barrel length 30in or 32in

Ca$h Money

Afternoon all

I'm sorry if this question has been asked. Probably many times and probably will be asked many time more.

I’m looking at buying my next shotgun; I’m looking at the Beretta 692 for sporting clay and a little bit of trap shooting.

What’s your knowledge on barrel length? Should I get 30in or 32in

Thank you

It's a question that you alone probably can answer as barrel lengths and how the feel / handle is a personal thing. I always used to get 30" barrels as they just felt right with me and 32" felt awkward in the handling off them. Last year I came across a 525 special edition in 32" flavor and it felt right and now currently using the 725 pro trap in 32" and doing great with it.

Guest stevo

I have a beretta 692 sporter with 30" barrels and a beretta 692 trap with 32 " barrels

This is my personal view. I shoot 99% trap and get on well with the 692 trap at DTL is a nice stable gun and shoots fairly flattish. However it's a bit cumbersome on the fast trap ABT. UT. OT. As the barrels are quite meaty. On sporting its great for the med/long stuff but again a bit of a handful on close in targets. And it's very tightly choked.

The 692 sport 30" is a MC on DTL it's hard work. And fast trap waste of time IMO . Waaaaay to flighty on the barrels. However if you use it as intended it's a great gun for sporting clays and pigeon shooting.

If you intend to do say 75% sporting 25% DTL I would personally go for a 32" sporter MC. It's nicely balanced for sporting and steady enough for the slower trap disaplins.

Hope this makes sense I've have a couple of ciders while we're getting geared up for Eurovision 👍😁

Edited by stevo

I have a 30", had it for 15+ years,

Sold it and bought a 32",

Sold that and bought my original 30" back after 12 months,

It just didn't have the same feel, swing, balance and couldn't get away with it, I tried for a year :no:

It's a personal thing so try both, but if you can then give them a GOOD try, not just the odd 25 birds

:shaun:

Don't go on what other people like, pick up and handle and try and shoot as many different ones as you can only then will you know what best for you.

Personally if I was to have one gun it would be a 30" with extended chokes. It can be anything from 30" to whatever you want with extentenders or extra long extended chokes.

My 32" gun with the chokes measures 33"

• 3 weeks later...

Thank you people for all your advise

After spending a lot of time shooting the Beretta 692 32in,

I went for the 32in put shot about 500 shots through a one before i made my decision.

I am now the proud owner of a Beretta 692 with 32in barrels

Thank you

Thank you people for all your advise

After spending a lot of time shooting the Beretta 692 32in,

I went for the 32in put shot about 500 shots through a one before i made my decision.

I am now the proud owner of a Beretta 692 with 32in barrels

Thank you

Good choice.

I got one 2 weeks ago.

Lovely gun to shoot