got an itch.....

ips

• Replies 199
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

There are very few calibre specific silencers available .and with good reason .

It makes no difference you will find that it most likley has an exit hole of about 7 mm

I drilled a hw one out to 9 mm as it was clipping and it made zero difference to the sound .

Ps thats a diddy scope .

Thanks stuart. Wasn't sure if it mattered.

Yes small un, I usually set my 3-9 @ 6 for most sub 40yd shots so I got this out the cabinet, the optics are actually very good for the size of it but if it proves unsuitable I have an appollo (very good jap optics) 3-9 x40 I can whack on 👍

You might want a brolley up mate. If it makes you feel better we were planning a bbq on sat for daughter and her bf but unless weather report changes it will be inside burgers for us.

Ps

Eze season now pretty much over although throughout her season she never shows any interest in dogs anyway 😉 so we can have a dog meet up soon mate 👍

Lookin good matey.

I will assume that yours has the quite phat moderator on it to. If you get to the point of putting an extended air tube on it a Parker Hale .22 RF moderator is what you need.

Will that reduce overall length at all. ?

There is a different way so that you can use your existing 30 mm silencer .

Different way to achieve what pray tell???

What man thing is saying is that often people fit a longer airtube on an ultra to get more shots (i have too ) but the problem is that a 30 mm od silencer now wont fit as it fouls the air tube .which would sit below it .

The different ways of getting gvover this are to fit a silencer with a 28 mm od or smaller . Or fit an aftermarket shroud which are 28 mm .

I have a 3rd method which allows your standard 30 mm silencer to fit on the barrel and just clear the extended air tube .

Ps the parkerhale silencer is poor and heavy .with a od of around 25 mm

Doesnt silencer too well

Well the wind dropped a little so went in my back field to zero the ultra, set targets out from 15 to 50 yd in 5 yd increments. Took five shots to get it zeroed at 25 (going to try zero at 35 as per ultrastu at some point) little bit of a side breeze but not enough to concern me.

Initial thoughts are that it is a very nice little rifle, a bit low in the comb when shooting prone but I can live with it as standing its fine. Never had a multi before and I like it, no more reloading and fumbling between shots. Scope is as good as remember no mill dot but I was grouping 1/2" with no hold over or under from 15-35 yd. Two issues are I had quite a few pellets jammed in the mag as in bolt would not push forward and on removing the mag the pellet was damaged, does it just not like accuppels ? Also on a couple of occasions the first shot didn't as in bolt pushed forward but obviously no pellet chambered and yet I am sure I loaded the mag fully, don't understand that !!!

Grouping was better than I imagined out the box as I expected bad grouping until the rifling had been shot in. Oh and it was very quiet with the mod on, oh and trigger pull very very nice. All in all I am pleased with it but need to try other pellets to sort out the jamming issue and still want to play with the zero range to get as flat a trajectory as possible from 15-35