ips

• Replies 199
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Thats exactly it ips .

Very few people use accupells in bsa mags as they are too short and tip forwards when pushed by the bolt .

That and theu arent that great either .falcon acc plus and jsb express can do the same as they are short

A longer pellet will load perfectly every time .

Jsb exact 4.53 will blow you away how accurate they are .

Bisley mags will also be amazing .trust me .

Thats exactly it ips .

Very few people use accupells in bsa mags as they are too short and tip forwards when pushed by the bolt .

That and theu arent that great either .falcon acc plus and jsb express can do the same as they are short

A longer pellet will load perfectly every time .

Jsb exact 4.53 will blow you away how accurate they are .

Bisley mags will also be amazing .trust me .

Got some jsb exact, I asked for 4 53 but got home put me specs on and there 4.5 ????

Generally the head size (actual head size not whats on the lable ) isnt really relevant .

Different sizes ie 4.50 , 4.51 .4.52 .4.53 come from different dies and they alter every so slightly in there dimentions .usually weight distribution and centre of gravity. Its this this that makes the difference

Um, still evening ideal for zeroing with JSB they cycled well no jams BUT they are no were near grouping as well as accupell. The trajectory is significantly more loopy and I had the odd flyer. Could it be that there too loose in the bore becuse they don't feel tight when chambering.

Aha, I have some old bisley and airarms in the cabinet. Just compared all four and the accupel are ever so slightly shorter. The jsb, bisley, airarms all look very similar.

I know from past experience through a number of guns that for me nothing has grouped as well as accupel so wondering if I find a method to shove them further in the mag maybe that will stop the jamming issue and i can carry on using my preffered pellet. I will report back 👍

Never thought about that Stu 👍

Doh 😵

Ps

There in an old accupel tin which I have put a sticker on saying BIS ...i assumed there bisley magnum but they have been in the cabinet for probably ten years so could have been mixed up I spose

Edited by ips

Ok had an exhaustive test this afternoon tried the jsb again and the ones I had that were labeled bis. Kept going back to accupel though (load skirt first worked a treat not one single jam, thanks Stu 👍) had the odd flyer with jsb plus the grouping is not as good as accupel.

This is 25yd 10 shots in each 1" outer left is jsb right is accupel same conditions.

WP_20170529_16_20_26_Pro_zpstxjynupt.jpg

This is 25yd five x 10 shots per 1" outer all accupel to see how many shots before groups start falling apart. First 10 was bottom right but photo is wrong way up, wind was right to left and it was bottom left target i started on if that makes any sense.( I was holding off due to wind but it died down a little for the next shots) then goes anticlockwise finishing in the centre bull. All tests prone off bipod. Only five shots in the centre one as Mrs and dog came out to see were i had been for the last three hours 😁

WP_20170529_16_20_38_Pro_zpsxbf3rlsv.jpg

Even though there was a bit of wind throughout I am not totally happy with the grouping even with accupel, my AA400 groups better than this. I think things may improve once barrell has had a few thousand through it.

Edited by ips

Grouping is way off ips, I would be trying some different pellets to be honest.

My Weihrauch HW100 first time out after zeroing in put 14 shots inside 1" at 25yrds although that was an indoor range i wouldn't of expected the wind to push them off that far unless it was puffing quite hard in which case you would have mentioned it.

I wonder do some Rifles take some time to come true whilst others are on it out the box ?

Totally agree mate. Wind wasn't that strong which is why I am not happy with the grouping. I have had rifles before that only came good when the rifling had seen a thousand or so through it. Either that or I will have to keep trying different pellets

Yeah something seems off pal, I was showing off last week to niece and nephew the bull had been destroyed so when I got my turn I was putting my shots in there holes, sat down shooting off windowsill, even if it was windy and new rifle I would expect better grouping than your pics.

Check all the obvious scope straight, right distance for your eye, everything tight is there any fouling on the silencer.

Are you a snatching your shots? Should be able to almost watch your pellets striking, can with .22 but .177 might be too quick

Yep summat not right. I was prone off a bipod and wasn't pulling the shot, yep could see the flightline if i looked for it. The AA would have been a ragged hole even with the slight breeze. I am wondering if I should try one of my other scope's as I haven't really ever used this one so cant say historically it was any good before. I have had bad scopes before and the drove me mad until I realised what it was.

Out of interest and slightly off topic what is peoples prefered magnification for 25-40yd rabbit, the one that is on is a set 6x also the crosshairs are quite thick , any thoughts ??

Ok had an exhaustive test this afternoon tried the jsb again and the ones I had that were labeled bis. Kept going back to accupel though (load skirt first worked a treat not one single jam, thanks Stu ) had the odd flyer with jsb plus the grouping is not as good as accupel.

This is 25yd 10 shots in each 1" outer left is jsb right is accupel same conditions.

WP_20170529_16_20_26_Pro_zpstxjynupt.jpg

This is 25yd five x 10 shots per 1" outer all accupel to see how many shots before groups start falling apart. First 10 was bottom right but photo is wrong way up, wind was right to left and it was bottom left target i started on if that makes any sense.( I was holding off due to wind but it died down a little for the next shots) then goes anticlockwise finishing in the centre bull. All tests prone off bipod. Only five shots in the centre one as Mrs and dog came out to see were i had been for the last three hours

WP_20170529_16_20_38_Pro_zpsxbf3rlsv.jpg

Even though there was a bit of wind throughout I am not totally happy with the grouping even with accupel, my AA400 groups better than this. I think things may improve once barrell has had a few thousand through it.

Hi Ips early on in the post you mentioned the mod saying .22 some mods can be caliber specific some BSA mods have to have an insert changed to suit the caliber /Try some groups without the mod on to see if this makes a diffrence.

ATB Roger