Free rat shooting

Hi all,

This post is for a free shooting ratting permission from a land owner that I shoot for in Longfeild Kent.

There is a bit of a rat infestation around the live stock, and especially poultry area. They are looking for a seasoned shooter that can attend the paddock area during the hours of 22.00, and no later than 05.00 due to horses and poultry being put out.. Weekend shooting, and bank holidays would have to be made via arrangement with myself.

The shooter must live local, have a proven shooting record I.E references, and be mature, over the age of 35 years old as per the land owners request (Sorry), and also fully insured BASC or equivalent.

Myself, and my shooting partner have been asked to do it, but our rifles are too powerful, and the lack of back stop makes it impossible for fire arms but, ideal for sub 12 foot pound air rifles.

Written shooting permission will be given to the ideal person for legal reasons, with time conditions. Sorry this post is a bit strict but I have to follow the land owners/tenant's requests.

If you are interested please PM me, and then we can talk further or :thanks:

I know it's not your gig but the over 35 bit is rather patronising.

People are doing the landowner a favour after all- you would think being an insured and responsible adult would be sufficient!

I know what you mean but I'm just respecting the land owners wishes. Due to the fact of live stock ect, they are looking for a well seasoned shooter. Truth in what you are saying I guess that they are worried about people just plinking away I don't know. They may move on the age bit for the right person.

They just jotted down a few bullet points before I posted this.

This kind of "offer" cracks me up. They want FREE pest control and are putting strict conditions on it, the hours alone are a nightmare if you have any kind of life.

Tell him to just pay a professional and not be such a tight ****.

So free shooting available but people are giving the bloke stick??? If it said pigeons he would have had 50 reply's.

The land owner can say what they like, doesn't have to be fair.

I would jump at the chance if it was near me, then you can knock on all the neighbours doors do some name dropping its how I have always got permission.

Great offer well done 🐀🐀🐀🐀🐀🐀🐀🐀🐀🐀🐀

They don't want much do they. It is their problem so perhaps they should consider buying an air rifle and getting out and doing the job themselves. Do they have any other free positions vacant, such as washing and polishing their car? I am over 35,have fully comp insurance and I could slip round to do it at 2AM so that no one could see me doing it so that it was all gleaming ready to go at first light. But I'd have to consult with the wife in case she should want hers done first.

So free shooting available but people are giving the bloke stick??? If it said pigeons he would have had 50 reply's.

The land owner can say what they like, doesn't have to be fair.

I would jump at the chance if it was near me, then you can knock on all the neighbours doors do some name dropping its how I have always got permission.

Great offer well done

smiley%20agree_zpsnpnrbrrk.gif

Mice!, Snoozer thank you for your support at least there are some understanding fellow shooters here.

Fortune maybe perhaps at some point you may respect what land owners, and also their tenants want.

Very very luck these days to gain permissions and I'm sure that folk on here will totally agree with that. Its all word and mouth.

But as mouth is concerned what you stated was quite unreasonable with all due respect. Just hope that you do not treat or think about your land owners in the same way if you have any.

If you do then treat them with the respect that they deserve, and also their tenants.

1 quote TEAM WORK MAKES THE DREAM WORK.

Mice!, Snoozer thank you for your support at least there are some understanding fellow shooters here.

Fortune maybe perhaps at some point you may respect what land owners, and also their tenants want.

Very very luck these days to gain permissions and I'm sure that folk on here will totally agree with that. Its all word and mouth.

But as mouth is concerned what you stated was quite unreasonable with all due respect. Just hope that you do not treat or think about your land owners in the same way if you have any.

If you do then treat them with the respect that they deserve, and also their tenants.

1 quote TEAM WORK MAKES THE DREAM WORK.

well said

you offered a chance for someone and now the position has been taken so the criteria was obviously fine for someone.

if the requirements are not right for you then jog on to the next thread

fair play Damon

Brilliant offer,nothing wrong with the conditions at all.Farmers are twitchy at the best of times,and at those hours they are not unreasonable conditions.It could open the door for someone to gain their own permissions elsewhere.

Well done feller I hope you got a decent chap.

Exactly that Davyo. Think I've got the right chap for the job as the hours were strict because of poultry being out, and also horses, and horse riding lessons during the weekend.

Spoke to the land owner, and tenants last night, and instead of shooting around the stable block, and poultry area given time he will have 9 acres to shoot upon.

As previously stated to certain forum members it all comes down to the respect of the land owners wishes, and trust given time and as you said doors will open.

Word and mouth from 1 land owner to another is all that it takes. Shoot safe be responsible, and word soon gets about as I have learnt many, many times.

I am sure that a lot of people that have read this thread would agree, and as always you get the few rotten apples that don't.

Because of their mindset they can't actually gain permissions on their own grounds, and don't want to put themselves out.

Common courtesy is free and goes a very long way. If they don't respect the landowners wishes, then they are not respecting the land that they have been given the privilege to shoot.

People like that bring a bad name to our sport, and unfortunately we get tarred with the same brush.

Rant, and essay over with :good:

It beggars belief that there are people with so little else going on as to have time to pick holes with someone offering free shooting.

As we have said an infinite number of times before in these particular sections of the forum, if you're not offering or accepting a sporting opportunity then don't post in here. Nobody cares what your opinion is on what has been offered or whether the member has what you feel to be a satisfactory number of posts.

Remember please that derailing threads is against the terms of the user agreement and don't complain when you start getting warnings if you do so.

Well done to the OP and thanks for putting the offer out to the PW membership.

Since the offer has been taken this thread will now close.