Labours manifesto....£££

ditchman

The big error in JC's 'logic' is that you cannot reason with the unreasonable, or negotiate with those that have totally opposite views to your own and will not budge an inch..

Throw in the religion aspect and you are at the end of a dead-end alley before you start.

He has learned nothing from history - good old Neville Chamberlain came back from talking with Herr Hitler in September 1938, waving a piece of paper declaring "Peace in our time". 12 months later the world was plunged into WW11 and we all know where that ended up.

The only area where JC might be correct is that sending in the troops/cruise missiles/bombers before the end game is thought out can only end in disaster.

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Johnson rather. Thanks for pointing out the typo.

As far as Corbyn talking about what happened in Manchester, why not? Someone has to and as Leader of the Opposition, it could be argued that it's actually his duty to do so. What's more, he didn't say anything that's remotely controversial. Our own head of MI5, Eliza Manningham-Buller, told the Chilcot inquiry:

"Our involvement in Iraq radicalised, for want of a better word, a whole generation of young people – not a whole generation, a few among a generation – who saw our involvement in Iraq and Afghanistan as being an attack upon Islam." When asked by Sir Roderic Lyne, a member of the inquiry, to what extent the conflict exacerbated the threat from international terrorism facing Britain, she replied: "Substantially."

So there it is - the head of MI5 basically saying that the 'War on Terror' is counterproductive. Actually, Corbyn was very kind in his speech. If it'd been me, I'd have pointed out that Theresa May was Home Secretary when KNOWN British Jihadists were being encouraged to go and train abroad before being let back into the country unhindered.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4540822/Rebels-went-Libya-MI5-blessing-amid-Abedi-probe.html

It makes one wonder who actually are the real terrorism sympathisers. As they say, actions speak louder than words.

As far as Corbyn talking about what happened in Manchester, why not?

It isn't his duty, it is his crass choice. He just couldn't resist the urge to say "I told you so" - even if he is talking garbage.

It makes one wonder who actually are the real terrorism sympathisers

Are you talking about yourself, Corbyn or someone else? It's a bit hard to tell with your ramblings.

Edited by Gordon R

Even if it was our Foreign Policy that has turned a load of wannabe warriors into slavering nut-jobs, does that mean kids having a fun night out deserve to be blown up? And let's face facts if Labour hadn't opened the door to the dregs of humanity, there would be less of them here to worry about.

So it's foreign policy then. So what exactly was the foreign policy of Sweden, Germany and Belgium that led to attacks in these countries?

I think Retsdon might be along to give his Corbyn / Abbott account of why these countries suffered. It is clearly the fault of the UK - as Corbyn has already explained.

Where were these people when reality was invented?

The apologists for scum will still be blaming everyone but the terrorist scum when the sword is chopping their heads off,their twisted view of Islam allows no compromise kill the infidel.Period end of we are their enemy, nothing to do with foreign or domestic policy you dont confirm to their thinking so you die .

The Belgians and other,s targeted welcomed the people of the middle east with open arms their payback an isolated non integrated community that keeps trying to kill them in the name of religion ,the excuse of the pathetic .

I think Retsdon might be along to give his Corbyn / Abbott account of why these countries suffered. It is clearly the fault of the UK - as Corbyn has already explained.

Where were these people when reality was invented?

I'd love to hear it but I doubt it. This just kills off this leftist argument. A belief is held and events are interpreted to support that belief. Everything is always the fault of the things they don't believe in.

Whilst the Daily Mail is clearly not a fan of Corbyn, perhaps someone can dispute one word of what has been written. I don't want someone else's explanation on behalf of Corbyn, just a straight answer. Is what is printed a lie? If it is not the truth, just which bit is untrue and why is Corbyn not sueing?

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/debate/article-4546912/Corbyn-shameless-apologist-world-s-men-evil.html

Whilst the Daily Mail is clearly not a fan of Corbyn, perhaps someone can dispute one word of what has been written. I don't want someone else's explanation on behalf of Corbyn, just a straight answer. Is what is printed a lie? If it is not the truth, just which bit is untrue and why is Corbyn not sueing?

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/debate/article-4546912/Corbyn-shameless-apologist-world-s-men-evil.html

Indeed, I always thought something like 'Let the War carry on Coalition' or 'Let the Killing carry on Coalition' would have been more appropriate. It's easy to oppose everything.

hello, i am sure a great many people of great britain will know of these points and vote accordingly, like us old timers :rolleyes: this elections seem to be for me who is the best person to get a good brexit deal and then go on to other important UK issues, but then with the tory cut backs that affects maybe half the population i just wonder what the future years have in store for our younger generation,

How convenient now - http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/election-2017-40069744 - it now seems the IRA bombs were wrong so why not when it happened - the whole lot are a liability.

Interesting, the bombing was wrong because it killed CIVILIANS!

What about all the SERVICE PERSONNEL that were killed Mr Corbyn?

What a ****!

'I think Retsdon might be along to give his Corbyn / Abbott account of why these countries suffered. It is clearly the fault of the UK - as Corbyn has already explained.'

Corbyn was categorical in blaming the Manchester bomber. So how about you actually quote what Corbyn said? Clue - he didn't blame the UK.

My politics? Honestly, I don't care a damn about Corbyn. Couldn't care less about him, or May, or any of the rest of the season people.

But I was brought up to respect truth. And whether you like him or not, when he talks about terrorisnm, Corbyn is just saying what everybody knows to be true.

Fomenting wars abroad invites blowback. It's not exactly rocket science.

Gordon, I'm an historian. Politically, left/right I genuinely and honesty don't have a dog in tbe fight. But -possibly because I study history - I really, really dislike distortion of the truth, particularly deliberate obfuscation of straight up facts for political reasons.

Without giving a damn either way as far as British domestic politics is concerned, to my mind Corbyn is about the only politician calling for a properly adult review of our foreign policy. And the name-calling and petty point scoring that comes from the Conservatives in response is in my view - let us just say - counterproductive.

You go well..

Retsdon - interesting combination of historian, who believes in the truth, but appears to be incapable of recognising it.

Corbyn calls for reviews, but never actually spells out how he will accomplish anything. He has made a career of sniping from the sidelines. You appear to be in good company.

PS - are you a shooter or have you just joined for the political side of the Forum?

Years ago I worked in tbe action filing shop in Chubbs of Edgeware when old Fred Buller had the business. My colleagues were Boss and Purdy men. Dave had been foreman at Boss and he once made a copy of a - filed every single part by hand - Navy Colt. We tested it under the stairs and accidentally shot a hedgehog. Driven hedgehog were the standard joke thefeafter.

Post Chubbs? Went to Aberdeen and threw drill pipe around for 5 years. Then took over the family farm for about 6 before the Tories presided over an interest rate increase that put me on the street. Sailed other peoples boats around the globe for a bit, then went to Africa. Stayed there 7 years, then onwards. And onwards. Owned a fishing tackle shop for a while in that period.

As far as the history reference goes, tbat was my undergraduate degree at the School of Slavonic & East European Studies ...74-77. It's all University College these days..

You? What's your history?