Salomon Quest GTX.

Red-dot

OK bear with me.... Blacks are offering to beat any quote by 10% and i am after a pair of the above fantastic boots (3rd pair) and at £150+ a pair I found them for £93 at Gaynor.com and sure enough Blacks have a pair on the way delivered for £83, nearly half price.

Jeez! That's cheap! I got a pair earlier in the year, not used them much but so comfy it's unreal! A lot of people say they leak after a while? Any experience of it?? Mine have been great.

Just checked and mine are the 4d ones? Any idea what the difference is????

Edited by walt1980

This pair will be my 3rd and they are used everyday for long dog walks and wisegeneral gamekeeping. On reflection i would not be as rough on them again. Comfort10/10, style 10/10, but out the box they are not wellies and should not be treated as such.

For £83 delivered they cannot be beaten.

Sizewise buy a half size bigger as they do shrink a wee bit after drying.

Edited by Red-dot

difference in 3d and 4d is that 4d is stiffer chassis and bit harder eva injection inside

for that they are for more serious hills than just hard dog walking.

as per how long they will be waterproff.

goretex lined shoes / boots are 100 % waterproof unless

you will get water thru the top

or you will get top collar wet, _ it will soak moisture inside and make boots wet.

goretex boots usually stay 100% waterproof 2-4 years but depends on the user as when foot rubs inside membrane is wearing down and splitting.

also dont use dubin it will melt membrane. use nikwax/ grangers/meind sportwax. <-- lot safe and will not void guaranty.

when membrane is gone then there is no amount of proofer which will make boots waterproof again.

good solution is then to use waterproof sox. ( i do that in my desert boots when used in very wet places over the summer)