Wooden Spoons

arm3000gt

A while ago I offered some plum tree wood to anyone who could make use of it. Moondoggy on here accepted the offer and I dropped it off on my way north a few months ago. I asked if he could make me a few spoons from the wood. Well today I collected them from the post office and I must say I am impressed with them to say the least. They look too good to use. I just thought I'd share with the rest of you and publicly share my appreciation to Moondoggy (Paul) for his efforts.

WP_20170518_001_zpss299f1us.jpg

WP_20170518_002_zpst4kxqbjx.jpg

Hi all,

Thank you for the positive comments.

My spoons are hand carved using an axe, knife and crook knife.

No power tools are used at all.

That is the natural colour and figure of the plum wood kindly provided by arm300gt (Andy).

Sadly, I didn't get to meet Andy when he dropped the wood off as I was at my mother-in-law's funeral.

The 'Spoon Butter' I use is a wood conditioner, made by myself using natural, food safe oils and wax. The smell is wonderful and it can be used on your hands and feet as well.

Once I have sorted labels out, I hope to be able to sell some.

I am currently working on a cooking spatula in plum.

I am also hoping to have a go at making a Kuksa (wooden drinking vessel) and, when I can get my hands on a Hans Karlsson adze, will have a go at a dough bowl in some other hardwood.

I will post pictures as soon as I complete them.

Cheers, Paul