Easiest/Most Difficult Bird?

LoneGunman

Any clay the target setter has been good enough to trick you into thinking it's doing something else than what it's actually doing.

Don't think I have a certain clay presentation I find difficult as I can smash them one day and miss the same clay the next.

Hitclays on here did an eye dominance test for me and found that l/r i was in front by say a foot and r/l in front by 3",i think thats right !

Point at tv power light for example with both eyes open,keep pointing and close left then right and see how far away you point on each,this may be your problem or i am way out.

I predominately shoot left hand but sometimes right for a bit of amusement. When I am left I find it difficult to hit low flat incoming quartering dropping birds. Something that would replicate a pair of duck coming in to land on a pond. Their easy but I still mis them and they do my head in because I just haven't worked out where I am missing them. I don't have any problems with hard stuff it's the slow easy stuff that I have trouble with.

Thanks, everyone. I wonder if some shooters are just naturally inclined to hit, for example, going away and veriticle targets. Whilst others are inclined or hit crossers or incomers?

Me and my pals are trying this experiment:

We are using colour coded highlighters on the scorecard to differentiate going away; driven; l/r crossers; r/l crossers. This will show whether some find verticle target presentations easier than horizontal, and whether some find L crossers easier than R ones.

I am sure there is something in this - even for experts - but I'm not sure why. Eye dominance (or nor) , being L or R handed are my guesses.

I am not saying that some target presentations are easy; just trying to understand why some shooters find certain target presentations easier or more difficult than others

I'm a mixed bag at the moment.

I used to struggle with rabbits but now they're generally one of my favourite targets. At least with rabbits you can usually tell where you've missed them.

Today I struggled on a stand that had a L to R target sort of curving in an arc with the peak of the arc about right of straight ahead. It was only about 15 yards out but could I hit it.

I remember once a target that when it fell to the ground was only about 8-10 yards in front of the stand. I even had a couple of extra goes at it but again just couldn't connect.

The best thing to do is never look at a target and think it's going to be easy/hard. Just take the stand and see what happens.

The ones I sometimes struggle with are the easiest targets. I just assume I will hit them, don't give them the attention that they need and am astonished when I miss. Never take any clay for granted.

That is so true. I struggled with a low, slow going away bird on the training stands at AGL recently. Just couldn't hit it consistently, had no trouble with more challenging targets on the main sporting layout.

That is so true. I struggled with a low, slow going away bird on the training stands at AGL recently. Just couldn't hit it consistently, had no trouble with more challenging targets on the main sporting layout.

Experienced this myself yesterday did really good on the hard ones and the simple what should have been a10 stand going away at eye level managed 5 out of 10 didn't give it any focus at all. Lesson learned