Easiest/Most Difficult Bird?

LoneGunman

L-R crossers have always been my worst target but as other people have said I could constantly miss a given target one week, only to smash every one the next. Oh and don't get me started on DTL how infuriating are those little ****!!

I'll be fine once I sort out how to shoot them one eyed and be more confident when shooting them. So depressing.

If you learn to look around the barrels both become a lot easier.

Easiest driven on left shoulder.

Hardest very slow rabbits you know the ones without the spring that no one can miss.

If you learn to look around the barrels both become a lot easier.

Easiest driven on left shoulder.

Hardest very slow rabbits you know the ones without the spring that no one can miss.

Some driven I literally don't have the gun to my face but rather just look at the clay with two eyes and swing the barrel through but has to be high enough to do that otherwise low driven I have to close an eye. Anything I can take canting my barrels much better. Hateful birds.

Sian, my policy for driven (especially the low ones) is to shoot as early as possible, but just going for the front edge on the low ones. No messing, do the same as you would for a 'going away' where you just point the shotgun and blast it off; but go for the front edge of it. Once it goes over you (especially if it's low) it becomes a LOT harder as you have to play catch up with the gun!

I know, easier said than done, but perhaps you could train on the skeet range. Stand *left* of the station 1, under the path of the bird, and just go at them until you dust them... then perhaps do it from the station 7 (right of) under the high house path, and take that one down...

When clay shooting I am awful for maintaining concentration to be honest. I get lazy with gun-mount, stance and swing on birds that I think I should kill.

So for me the easiest is any bird that I actually concentrate on, the most difficult being the ones where I just arbitrarily wave the gun in their general direction.....