Made a new stock

Ultrastu

Thanks fellas .it took me about 3 hours to get that far today

As you can see the original stock is just too big in the pull and the grip area of the hand for a kid .my boy is only 8 and my girl 6 but they can both handle the gun in this stock .my boy had a big grin on his face this afternoon

post-80193-0-43876600-1495326292_thumb.jpg

Wow that's lovely. Ultrastu, could you please explain how you did the inletting and which tools you used.

You use the old stock as a guidance and measure all the depths and widths of the various compartments, and then take the router out? But there are also oblique surfaces aaaah I would totally mess it up the first 10 times. I'd like to do it with walnut, but perhaps not at first attempt.

The thing is, I am planning to make a new stock for my BSA Spitifre. That will be my man cave project; soon moving in with my gf so I need to have an excuse to flee there haha.

Thanks its made from iroko

Which is light and very easy to work with as its pretty soft .

Im probably gonna spray paint it for hardness

Great work Stu! Will make it very special that you made it for them, I think it's tulip wood though,a poplar, iroko is in the teak family,quite hard and more yellow/orange Edited by Wilksy II

Looks very smart now, sort of hides your work tho?

I can understand now why you've done it, my niece and nephew were round at the weekend, brother asks if they can have a go of the rifle, 13 & 11 they only fired one mag a piece but at only 11 the rapid is a bit on the big side for my nephew, he was out scored by his sister but both still really enjoyed it though.

Edited by Mice!

That's superb. I got my 11 year old lad an HW35 last year and he can shoot 1" groups at 25 yards already. If they are into it they pick it up so quickly.

Have a look on the air arms forum AAOC and search around for "Geordie stocks". The guy is a total genius. All the engineers and craftsmen on here will love what he does. Personally my greatest accomplishment was being able to whittle a tent peg!!

GG