Starlight Archer Grade A Set Up

Barr123

I recently bought a starlight grade a archer gen 3 and I'm having trouble setting it up. The image I see is very grainy and not clear, and I'm struggling to pick up eye shine with it.

I'm using a Leupold Vari-XII 4x12 with a front parallax scope. Apparently I need a scope with a side parallax for it to work?

I really don't know what I'm doing so advice will be greatly appreciated!

Thanks

John

I recently bought a starlight grade a archer gen 3 and I'm having trouble setting it up. The image I see is very grainy and not clear, and I'm struggling to pick up eye shine with it.

I'm using a Leupold Vari-XII 4x12 with a front parallax scope. Apparently I need a scope with a side parallax for it to work?

I really don't know what I'm doing so advice will be greatly appreciated!

Thanks

John

Have you adjusted the eye piece to get the relief? If not that could be the issue! Focus the eye piece so the crosshair is visible and clear. You can then adjust the parralax to the range your shooting at

Sorry I'm new to this, it was suppose to be in response to al4x. I'm near Ulverston Cumbria

That's alright Barr, your not the only one that has a few problems getting a fine focus. What's it like just as a spotter ? Have you tried moving the Archer mount back and forth on the scope ? That may be the problem, and the simplest of fix,s, then there is the Ocular lense can be focused.

I moved away from leupold and have now gone with sightron, the image is a hell of a lot better. And adding a Dragonfly is another huge lep forward.

That's alright Barr, your not the only one that has a few problems getting a fine focus. What's it like just as a spotter ? Have you tried moving the Archer mount back and forth on the scope ? That may be the problem, and the simplest of fix,s, then there is the Ocular lense can be focused.

I moved away from leupold and have now gone with sightron, the image is a hell of a lot better. And adding a Dragonfly is another huge lep forward.

I'm on the computer now so the forum is a lot easier to use! As a spotter, clarity is good but doesn't pick up eyeshine past 30 yards, and that is with the dragonfly. No but I'll definitely bare that in mind thanks. Yeah I am considering a new scope.

I'm on the computer now so the forum is a lot easier to use! As a spotter, clarity is good but doesn't pick up eyeshine past 30 yards, and that is with the dragonfly. No but I'll definitely bare that in mind thanks. Yeah I am considering a new scope.

If you can't pick eye shine up over 30 yards your ir (dragon fly) isn't working.

Edited by Luckyshot

Yeah exactly. E.g. Out the other night trying it, didn't turn lamp on, we scanned with the archer and dragon fly, and didn't realise there was a group of cows 120 yards in front of us until we put lamp on

Edited by Barr123