Pigeon Shooting in North Yorkshire

Afternoon all,

I live in the Tadcaster/ Wetherby area and I am commutable to most of North Yorkshire.

I am currently looking for a local area to do some pigeon shooting. I have only been pigeon shooting twice a few years ago with a friends dad but it is something I would really like to get involved with.

I was hoping to introduce myself to anyone with permission in the North Yorkshire area that may be interested in having an additional gun or that can provide some advice?

I am 27 years old and my day job is a recruitment consultant for an executive search company. I currently shoot clays at Hazelbank Shooting ground in Knaresborough. I am a responsible, safety conscious individual and reliable.

I appreciate a lot of newbies to pigeon shooting are probably asking the same thing on the forums but if anyone can provide any direction it would be greatly appreciated and more than happy to have a chat over the phone to anyone interested in speaking with me.

Thanks,

post-80217-0-19148000-1495464634_thumb.jpg

Cant help but I wish you luck.

It may benefit you if you can find some beating at a local game shoot that would get your foot in the door as far as networking is concerned.

Ps

I was born at RAF churchfenton just up the road from you 👍

Cant help but I wish you luck.

It may benefit you if you can find some beating at a local game shoot that would get your foot in the door as far as networking is concerned.

Ps

I was born at RAF churchfenton just up the road from you

Thanks for the advice, I have a few friends that do some beating around Tadcaster that I could speak with actually!

all the best

It will open doors my friend trust me. Obviously wont help this year but after a season you will get beaters day, poss boundary day poss even some roost and or vermin control and you will meet some folk with perms.

Ps

The nicest folk by far that I have ever met are beaters / pickers up 👍

It will open doors my friend trust me. Obviously wont help this year but after a season you will get beaters day, poss boundary day poss even some roost and or vermin control and you will meet some folk with perms.

Ps

The nicest folk by far that I have ever met are beaters / pickers up

Good bit of advice, thanks for that! I'll have a chat with my friends that beat at the moment and see where I go from there. Sounds like a good day out!

Its a brilliant day mason

Pay is terrible but nobody does it for the money

I've heard it is about £30, but like you say I'm not doing it for money at all. some fresh air in the countryside and getting to meet some like minded guys and the opportunity to shoot in the future would be a good day out for me

I've heard it is about £30, but like you say I'm not doing it for money at all. some fresh air in the countryside and getting to meet some like minded guys and the opportunity to shoot in the future would be a good day out for me

£30!!! That's mega bucks for some shoots!!! As you say, we don't do it for the money. I agree though, it's good advice.

Have a dig through the free shooting section. A while back there was a guy offering pigeon shooting on his land, that was in N Yorks. You're looking for "Yorkshire Farmer".

Thanks Danger Mouse, I did see a post from back in January from "Yorkshire Farmer" I will have to keep an eye out but haven't seen anything recent.

No rush though!

Join the NPPC, there are loads of places in your area..... :D

Just had a read through the NPPC website and that looks like a good shout. Will need to set aside some pennies before joining though but thanks for the guidance!

Thanks Danger Mouse, I did see a post from back in January from "Yorkshire Farmer" I will have to keep an eye out but haven't seen anything recent.

No rush though!

Np, drop him a pm, he was very friendly when I talked to him. Just a bit far for me to go for an afternoons shooting.

Np, drop him a pm, he was very friendly when I talked to him. Just a bit far for me to go for an afternoons shooting.

Sent him a quick PM, thanks for the heads up DangerMouse!

There is so much great land around me that would be fantastic but its finding the right people to speak too. Not a big fan of pushing myself on to others and asking for favours though which may prove tricky...

• 3 weeks later...

There is so much great land around me that would be fantastic but its finding the right people to speak too. Not a big fan of pushing myself on to others and asking for favours though which may prove tricky...

Doesn't help you really when you dont reply to PM's after I managed to secure a massive discount for you from John at the NPPC. Dont know why I bother sometimes.

Doesn't help you really when you dont reply to PM's after I managed to secure a massive discount for you from John at the NPPC. Dont know why I bother sometimes.

Hi

Apologies I haven't replied yet. I work very long hours but do appreciate your help.

Unfortunately at present despite the generous discount offered I am not in a position to pay the required fee to join nppc. I have been having conversations with people I know to gain a permission without the cost through nppc. If my circumstances change I will certainly be in touch.

Thanks again for your guidance and help.