How would you want to go After you've gone?

7daysinaweek

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Already sorted. Cheapest possible cremation, no cars or flowers, Transport courtesy of my sons pickup if allowed. Ashes to be scattered in my two favourite places. No stones or monuments, those left behind to have a good **** up which I won't be paying for!

Dad had a cardboard coffin,then cremation ,no vicar just an animist preacher with some good memories read out .The celebration was a huge stack of wine and spirits he,d spent years collecting on trips to France so no bill there and amazing grace played him out on the bagpipes way to go dad

My intention is to be cremated and I have set two friends tasks with my ashes. One lot will be scattered at the top of a mountain on Rannoch Moor in Perthshire where I shot my first Ptarmigan, another lot will be scattered in a field in Gloucestershire where I shot my first solo bag of two hundred pigeons. The final lot I hope to have scattered on the river bank where I lost my virginity. As yet I have no volunteers for the final task. My wife will not be doing it that's for sure.

Read about a woman last year who "did it herself" for her husbands funeral. Her and her son picked him up in a transit from the undertakers and used a cardboard coffin. They dug the hole and dropped him in, and that was on ground where they had permission. As long as you stick to the law regarding depth and away from certain things then it's fine. It's quite legal for people to take charge of their dead loved ones body and to sort things out for themselves, undertakers just take all that away and so it's become the norm to let them do everything. Most people aren't in the right place to sort all that out. I think in total the woman paid about 800£

My intention is to be cremated and I have set two friends tasks with my ashes. One lot will be scattered at the top of a mountain on Rannoch Moor in Perthshire where I shot my first Ptarmigan, another lot will be scattered in a field in Gloucestershire where I shot my first solo bag of two hundred pigeons. The final lot I hope to have scattered on the river bank where I lost my virginity. As yet I have no volunteers for the final task. My wife will not be doing it that's for sure.

:lol::lol::lol:

Some of the replies are awesome and making me chuckle for sure. Your individual responses give me a indication of your values and colorfulness of your personal characters.

atb

7diaw

There's a very nice spot on one of my friends farms that I would love to be buried in . It overlooks a natural spring that feeds his irrigation ditch . I have spent countless hours in this spot fishing ,shooting and contemplation . It is one of the most peaceful places I have ever been to . It is frequented by an old Harnser (heron ) that I have watched for many an hour . I really do think that I should approach him and ask him , if when tha time comes that I could be buried there .

Harnser

Whatever costs those left the least. Probably the cheapest cremation going, and thats only so that the bones etc that won't burn are dealt with too.

In terms of disposal I don't want there to be a place for people to feel tied to visiting or maintaining so no plot. Maybe a big firework or being shot out of a cannon.

I hope friends and family might go to the pub afterwards and have a pint of decent beer, but I won't be bothering with laying expectations on anybody. I've known a few folks pass who had lots of self indulgent ideas for errands for people to carry out - none of that either thanks.

There's a very nice spot on one of my friends farms that I would love to be buried in . It overlooks a natural spring that feeds his irrigation ditch . I have spent countless hours in this spot fishing ,shooting and contemplation . It is one of the most peaceful places I have ever been to . It is frequented by an old Harnser (heron ) that I have watched for many an hour . I really do think that I should approach him and ask him , if when tha time comes that I could be buried there .

Harnser

What, and contaminate the water supply!! I never ever thought that about 150,000 people khark it every day. What about a multi barrel disolver unit. There could be a 24 be a day dissolving process. Load em in and flow em out injected into the ground as liquid fertiliser. And the ground up bonemeal. Sort of a new take on dust to dust.

Well chaps some very interesting stuff here

Obviously most of you have just come up with the idea and it doesn't matter because you're dead

Some have given a bit of thought to where there remains /ashes should go

However funeral/celebration of life is for those left behind

How would you nearest and dearest feel when there explaining to grand kids that they shoved you in a Wheeley bin

It's a hard thing to say goodbye forever plan it and go in a dignified way

Think

This is the last memory you will have the opportunity to create and leave with the ones who loved you its up to you to make it a good or bad one

Just my thoughts

Of