Explosion in Manchester

WinchesterDave

• Replies 166
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I hope we don't hear another one of those 'he/she /them,were on our radar' statements from the anti terrorist squad.Why can't we just draw the line and have a Zero tolerance instead of waiting for the inevitable to happen.

I hope we don't hear another one of those 'he/she /them,were on our radar' statements from the anti terrorist squad.Why can't we just draw the line and have a Zero tolerance instead of waiting for the inevitable to happen.

+1

If we know they are a potential threat then, no ifs, no buts, neutralise the threat.

They should be put in the ground not a cell.

Its becoming all to often now and there is no real way to defend against them.

Yesterday Jeremy Corbyn was getting heavily criticised for refusing to condemn IRA bombers. Lets see what he has to say this morning about this.

Lets not forget Tony Blair gave all the IRA killers letters of immunity from prosecution.

Edited by Vince Green

No doubt he will have been "known to the police" so i suggest any person that is in that category is arrested ASAP and held in a secure location such as now redundant coal mines and then deported once they get fed up looking for the East?

+1

If we know they are a potential threat then, no ifs, no buts, neutralise the threat.

They should be put in the ground not a cell.

Its becoming all to often now and there is no real way to defend against them.

Personally it's like rubbing salt in a wound when they make that statement.The tragedy of the even is bad enough.If they have been on the radar and still get to carry out their cowardly attacks then its sickening.I wish they would stop letting human rights get in the way of deporting this MINORITY and those that habour them.I don't know what the future holds for the safety of the UK citizens as it seems we don't have a single politician with the balls to protect us.

As gun owners we All have to go through the hoops before we can indulge in our interest, because a minuscule minority may pose a risk, I don't see why we can't apply this same logic to dealing with Islamic terrorism. We need to redress the imbalance of minority freedom vs majority safety quickly .

No doubt he will have been "known to the police" so i suggest any person that is in that category is arrested ASAP and held in a secure location such as now redundant coal mines and then deported once they get fed up looking for the East?

Internment has been tried. The sad fact is, the general public have short memories and even shorter attention spans.

As gun owners we All have to go through the hoops before we can indulge in our interest, because a minuscule minority may pose a risk, I don't see why we can't apply this same logic to dealing with Islamic terrorism. We need to redress the imbalance of minority freedom vs majority safety quickly .

Exactly,if you go through device or separation the 1st thing to go /detained is you guns/certs.They do it as a precaution even though there is no threat.Yet we are quite happy letting known or connected/involved terrorists (cowards) remain in the UK.They may be monitored but as history shows they slip the net.I don't know what the answer is,deportation/locked up there is no define solution.However I think public faith in those responsible for keeping us safe has diminished.

Very sad state of affairs at the moment unfortunatly i fear that the innocent ethnic minorities may feelthe backlash off this last series of terrorist events.

Wish the political parties would get to together and work in a resolution.But I fear it will only be used to collect brownie points.

Edited by Davyo

These cowards like to consider themselves "solidiers" but don;t seem to fancy a fight with anyone who would fight back. Kids at a concert? That's lower than low.

Thoughts go out to all involved.

Thought with all that's gone on in France lately this couldn't happen over here??

Kids concert beggars belief.

Speechless???

Sounds like doors opened near end of concert and someone may have gone in???

ive said it for years

It was a case of WHEN its going to happen, not COULD happen,

Bloody mindless act of Terrorism

Flynny

Exactly,if you go through device or separation the 1st thing to go /detained is you guns/certs.They do it as a precaution even though there is no threat.Yet we are quite happy Patti g k own or connected/involved terrorists (cowards) remain in the UK.They may be monitored but as history shows they slip the net.I don't know what the answer is,deportation/locked up there is no define solution.However I think public faith in those responsible for keeping us safe has diminished.

Very sad state of affairs at the moment unfortunatly i fear that the innocent ethnic minorities may feelthe backlash off this last series of terrorist events.

Wish the political parties would get to together and work in a resolution.But I fear it will only be used to collect brownie points.

There is no answer unfortunately Davyo to resolve this mindlessness

They are among us and hiding in plain sight of everyone

Flynny

Terrible news but unfortunately not shocking news.

Cowards!!

Its sad times when a tragedy such as this comes as no real surprise.

My heartfelt sympathies to everyone caught up in this cowardly and despicable act.

As for locking the borders, strong chance are the piece of **** wase british born and bred so that wont work and even he isnt it will do nothing more than spur on the hatred and cause even more events like this.

Simply awful news and our thoughts are with everyone..........

For every ones 'lock em up- close the borders' comments , that's unfortunately not the solution- and no I don't have the solution either.

It may not be a solution, but it would be a start

hello, locking our borders will have no effect if as in many cases they find the person who did this was british born from a islamic heritage, growing up in our english society with family friends school then then maybe uni to attack kill and maim innocent people because some where along the way they now hate our western way of life words just cannot comprehend.

hello, locking our borders will have no effect if as in many cases they find the person who did this was british born from a islamic heritage, growing up in our english society with family friends school then then maybe uni to attack kill and maim innocent people because some where along the way they now hate our western way of life words just cannot comprehend.

You only have to look to realise that some have not grown up in "English society"

Multiculturalism has enabled them to be indoctrinated from early school age onward in a medieval barbaric faith.

There is very little integration in some parts of society in this country.

It's about time all public office and schools were secular by law.

The simple fact is that horrible as this is there is little that we can do to stop it from happening we just have to live with it there is nothing new about it if these nasty people have been around for ever but it was the invention of gun powder that gave them the ability to do real harm we could turn our free country into a police state but would that stop them if they choose to do things like this somehow I think not.

The simple fact is that horrible as this is there is little that we can do to stop it from happening we just have to live with it there is nothing new about it if these nasty people have been around for ever but it was the invention of gun powder that gave them the ability to do real harm we could turn our free country into a police state but would that stop them if they choose to do things like this somehow I think not.

No we don't just have to live with it. That's just a wet hand wringing sheeple mindset.

BTW, punctuation is your friend. I almost run out of breath trying to read your posts ;)

Edited by achosenman

No we don't just have to live with it. That's just a wet hand wringing sheeple mindset.

Yes it is, and it seems to be adopted more and more these days.

Am I the only one who ,upon reading this terrible news this morning, noticed the calm, matter of fact way the media reported it ?

As if it assumes we are all desensitised to incidents like this ?

I for one am not, children at a concert, blown to bits, and they report it like its a big RTA.

Whoevers responsible, dont let things like this become, as a certain mayor recently said, part and parcel of living in these times.

Its not normal ,and its not right.

The true nature of terrorism is that you cannot prevent it, you can only hope to intercept as many as possible before they happen. Soft targets can never be fully protected.

However, you can reduce the odds by shrinking the number of potential terrorists. Thats just numbers. If MI5 say we have so many potential threats then out they go.

I believe the most besieged nation on Earth has to be Israel. They have procedures and processes that must be hugely effective, considering the staggeringly high proportion of the Islamic world population who wants them wiped off the face of this planet.

Of course the big no no for our left leaning luvvies, is those procedures more than likely contravene "uman rites" so are unacceptable in modern day UK.

A much better idea is to get someone else to pick up the body parts, while the "great and the good" bravely make heart signs and walk across a bridge.