Release Pen

While i on't want to pee on ur chips, but that buildiding site/herras fencing actually looks far more work than u'd think to make a pen with. If access isn't great i wouldn't fancy carrying 1 of thse panels throu undegrowth/trees to the back side of the pen.

|Say for ur 200m/50m sides, ur taking 17 panels or almost 80 in total, thats a lot of sourcing and carrying

Even if i got the panels for nothing i think i'd still do it the old way with wire and posts.

U still need rabbit net pegged round its base anyway (which tends to be the time consuming job) so all ur saving is a few posts and the top net and a bit of plain wire.

Edited by scotslad

In reality, if access is good herras type fencing goes up very quickly, is easy to handle and fixes with cable ties. On my shoot we have rebuilt one pen and extended another with it.

While i on't want to pee on ur chips, but that buildiding site/herras fencing actually looks far more work than u'd think to make a pen with. If access isn't great i wouldn't fancy carrying 1 of thse panels throu undegrowth/trees to the back side of the pen.

|Say for ur 200m/50m sides, ur taking 17 panels or almost 80 in total, thats a lot of sourcing and carrying

Even if i got the panels for nothing i think i'd still do it the old way with wire and posts.

U still need rabbit net pegged round its base anyway (which tends to be the time consuming job) so all ur saving is a few posts and the top net and a bit of plain wire.

In reality, if access is good herras type fencing goes up very quickly, is easy to handle and fixes with cable ties. On my shoot we have rebuilt one pen and extended another with it.

I've put herras up on big sites/pipelines before, 100's m at a time, when u see that lorry/artic arrive full loaded with it :unhappy: used to be sick of the sight of it, mibee that puts me off it.

But comparing carrying 17 sections for the back side alone compared to 10 posts (only 2 shoulders full) and a half roll of plastic net, u have to do the rabbit net any. way.

Mibee if u have decent access all round or atleast 2 sides and plenty of bodies, but if u had plenty of bodies and decent access any pen will go up easily

Edited by scotslad