RIP of insurance company's

Harnser

I phoned avia yesterday to inform them that I will be moving house soon to let them know my new address . The call centre person told me that as I was moving to a different area I would have to pay another £45 on mine and Mrs Harnsers car insurance . I promptly told him to look at the new post code and he will see that I am moving into the same post code . I am literally moving less than thee hundred yards from my present property . The area is a quiet sort after area the reason that I sold my house in less than 24 hours at the asking price .

I have told Aviva to write to me in detail and explained why I should have to pay an extra £45 to move 300 yards down the road in the same post code . I have told them I would be passing their letter onto the office of fair trading . Looking forward to hearing what they have to say . It's just one big rip off .

Harnser

I would tell them to do one. Not get into the why's and wherefores. Short & sharp, and certainly to the point.

how simple can it be, I would rather pay a little more to another insurance company, AND I would tell them that too.

A few years ago, I moved from a West Hull village in East Yorkshire to Spalding.

Was told to pay an increase in premium due to increased crime rate area.

A few months later, moved back from Spalding into my previous address in East Yorkshire only to be told, by the same motor insurance company that I had to pay an increase in premium due to increased crime rate area, puzzled or what?

When asked to explain, all they would say is "that is what the system is telling me"

Daylight robbery, imo.

A little while ago while trawling for insurance quotes I was told that I lived in a high risk area in Nottingham because my postcode is NG.

Attempts to get the foreign sounding person to check the whole postcode fell on deaf ears and they insisted that I live in Nottingham because the postcode began with NG.

I suggested ever so politely that they could put their quote where the sun don't shine and went elsewhere.

Vic.

It will be in your Policy Schedule of any fee's that may be incurred for 'Admin Charges'

When you take out a Policy online you have the cooling off period / time to check your statement of needs.

It's at this point that you check your Policy and if there is something you don't like such as admi cost, then you have the right to cancel.

Simple fact and your not going to like it- you accepted the Policy and all it's T&C's

As much as we would like them to be, they're not in the Charity game and having teams in place to deal with 'Admin' do cost you know- or I guess we can all have an extra £50 put on every Policy to cover all those who move house etc !

A few years ago, I moved from a West Hull village in East Yorkshire to Spalding.

Was told to pay an increase in premium due to increased crime rate area.

A few months later, moved back from Spalding into my previous address in East Yorkshire only to be told, by the same motor insurance company that I had to pay an increase in premium due to increased crime rate area, puzzled or what?

When asked to explain, all they would say is "that is what the system is telling me"

Daylight robbery, imo.

Are you a car robber? LOL

You are the only common factor. :ninja:

Edited by Tim Kelly

My car insurance has just doubled with this years quote from Aviva. Did I put in a massive claim, did someone put one in against me. No. The reason, and I kid you not , they do not like my occupation as a Land Lord. They liked it last year but not now.

Yours faithfully

The land lord car crasher

My car insurance has just doubled with this years quote from Aviva. Did I put in a massive claim, did someone put one in against me. No. The reason, and I kid you not , they do not like my occupation as a Land Lord. They liked it last year but not now.

Yours faithfully

The land lord car crasher

Landlord, property developer, recycling operator are all seen in the industry as euphemisms ... don't forget, all the other' landlords' could have cost Avivas other plicyholders a packet aid they seek to price the business away. If you look at EY market analysis (who are obviously not in industry' then the motor insurance market makes a loss..

I've just had the exact same thing happen to me with a multi car policy..! My son has moved into his own place not more than 500 yards as the crow flies from our home and the insurer wanted to add £52 to the policy. The excuse is the new address in I an area with a higher vehicle crime rate according to their statistics, so I have protested and asked for a breakdown of these and for them to prove this by evoking the freedom of information act. I also told them I would be checking myself at the local police station, which completely through them..!

They changed the address on my sons policy to the new address and told me they would get back to me when they spoke to their pricing department. I made some checks myself and only one vehicle crime had been reported in the are in the previous two year period. When they rang back 4 days later I informed them of my research and they didn't charge the extra £52, in fact they have refunded me £36 on the policy ...so a result...... The moral of the story is make a good case back it up with facts and they will have a job to argue, they can be beaten. It could have gone the wrong way if the area had been a hot bed of car crime, but I knew it wasn't.. Oh and use things like the freedom of information act to throw them a curved ball is always a good one, especially if they say they are holding info you don't have access to, to justify their case.. Good luck..!