Range prices

What's the going price to use a shooting range for the day?

I phoned around a few the other day to find prices as I need to zero my 243, spoke to one who wanted £65 (PER HOUR) to use it?!! Is it just me or is that expensive?

I have since spoken with Ivythorn Sporting and hopefully heading down there next week :) Much more reasonable and Steve sounds a top bloke!!

Edited by Lloyd90

Ivythorn told me £10 for the day and Steve spent ages talking about reloading, know where I'll be heading.

Nice place, my son and I went before we went to Ian Farringtons stalking. You will have a good time, make sure you have a look round the gun room

Depends what you get for your money and where it is.

£75 one place but you do get a private range to yourself, an instructor for your time and access to all their facilities inside London, upto 600 NE.

Now if you wish to zero a 22lr that's not cheap if want to regulate your 470 Double rifle inside London that's reasonable as the next nearest big bore range is over an hour away.

Depends what you get for your money and where it is.

£75 one place but you do get a private range to yourself, an instructor for your time and access to all their facilities inside London, upto 600 NE.

Now if you wish to zero a 22lr that's not cheap if want to regulate your 470 Double rifle inside London that's reasonable as the next nearest big bore range is over an hour away.

I cannot understand where some folk get these figures from to charge these prices. I've paid some silly money to shoot at some places, and for me it's a learning curve. And I'm not referring to the days shoot or an hourly session.

I'm referring to a little life lesson of being over charged for something.

That's fine you've hit me once but you ain't getting a second chance.

What is it that you get for £75 an hour exactly ??? I would expect full load development,and be hitting 1/4 moa at 100 for that figure.

Have to agree Ivythorne is a good place to go and the shooting points are under cover. Pal of mine put a deposit on a 2nd hand Howa 1500 in .243 and asked me to go and have a look with him. When we got there they shame faced told us they had accidentally sold it the day previously as they had forgot to note on their computer a deposit had been taken over the phone! To make amends they gave my pal a brand new one (from their gun room, super place) then offered to set the scope up with all the fittings and zeroed it at their expense. Couldn`t fault them with customer service.

I cannot understand where some folk get these figures from to charge these prices. I've paid some silly money to shoot at some places, and for me it's a learning curve. And I'm not referring to the days shoot or an hourly session.

I'm referring to a little life lesson of being over charged for something.

That's fine you've hit me once but you ain't getting a second chance.

What is it that you get for £75 an hour exactly ??? I would expect full load development,and be hitting 1/4 moa at 100 for that figure.

Anything you want the instructor will deliver all targets bags sticks tool kits etc that the shooter hasn't got/remembered all inside London (no need to go to scary countryside ranges) and shoot any calibre you have no energy restrictions like MOD ranges and lots of private ones.

That's of course if you can get a booking as it's normally heavily booked so their adding in another range.

I did think WW after posting about the "London" prices. Another reason for not agreeing with moving this so called wealth up north if that's the outcome.

But back on topic I'd expect someone to squeeze the trigger for £75 p hrs. And a cream Tea.

What's the going price to use a shooting range for the day?

I phoned around a few the other day to find prices as I need to zero my 243, spoke to one who wanted £65 (PER HOUR) to use it?!! Is it just me or is that expensive?

I have since spoken with Ivythorn Sporting and hopefully heading down there next week :) Much more reasonable and Steve sounds a top bloke!!

Why do you need to go to a range to zero your rifle? If you have a 243 then you must have somewhere to use it. It should be possible to zero your rifle with 3 to 5 rounds from scratch.

Just found the Facebook page for silverstone shooting ground - cantvwaot for that to open!

I had a preconception that you needed to be a rifle club member to access Bisley and go through range safety etc. Is that not the case and you can book a range if you take your FAC along?

Just found the Facebook page for silverstone shooting ground - cantvwaot for that to open!

I had a preconception that you needed to be a rifle club member to access Bisley and go through range safety etc. Is that not the case and you can book a range if you take your FAC along?

There are requirements for booking ranges at Bisley, unfortunately I don't know them all. My club has been using Bisley for 30+ years and we are fine, best to give them a ring and check.

:good:

Wedgenock or Bisley, We had an afternoon at Bisley today with a marker and it cost us £15.50 each for the afternoon.

I'm probably off the mark as our treasurer pays but I believe a session (morning or afternoon) is about £85 with a marker at the moment, its about half that during the period outside British Summer Time. Automated targets are charged hourly I believe and around £50 hour (I think).

So price EACH will simply be down to how many go.

I did think WW after posting about the "London" prices. Another reason for not agreeing with moving this so called wealth up north if that's the outcome.

But back on topic I'd expect someone to squeeze the trigger for £75 p hrs. And a cream Tea.

Just check across the way at Holland and Holland it's £127 per hour.

And yes if you can't or your scared to zero your rifle we will shoot it for you.

I'm probably off the mark as our treasurer pays but I believe a session (morning or afternoon) is about £85 with a marker at the moment, its about half that during the period outside British Summer Time. Automated targets are charged hourly I believe and around £50 hour (I think).

So price EACH will simply be down to how many go.

So a lane at Bisley is from £17.50 per hour plus £10 a target and if you don't have your own marker for the butt £33 that's £60 and 4500J ME limit.

Why do you need to go to a range to zero your rifle? If you have a 243 then you must have somewhere to use it. It should be possible to zero your rifle with 3 to 5 rounds from scratch.

I do, back in Wales. I have moved to Bristol and recently brought my guns over here.

I have been invited along with a gentleman down Devon on a Roe stalk and don't want to go all the way to Wales to zero.