Range prices

Why do you need to go to a range to zero your rifle? If you have a 243 then you must have somewhere to use it. It should be possible to zero your rifle with 3 to 5 rounds from scratch.

I do, back in Wales. I have moved to Bristol and recently brought my guns over here.

I have been invited along with a gentleman down Devon on a Roe stalk and don't want to go all the way to Wales to zero.

Well that makes some sense of the situation. Isn't there a member of the PW clan that is in the Bristol area that can help. After all it would only take half an hour. The gun may be on and just need a quick test.

Is there a waiting list to join?

dont think so Steve, me and the mrs popped along to meet Richard and signed up there and then, my father in law came along on a guest day a while later and loved it so he joined too - very friendly, relaxed place to spend a day :good:

dont think so Steve, me and the mrs popped along to meet Richard and signed up there and then, my father in law came along on a guest day a while later and loved it so he joined too - very friendly, relaxed place to spend a day :good:

Thanks. I believe that this is the range that I visited many years ago to attend a NV demonstration by Nite Site.

How much is the membership?

its near a MOD range (used to be one years ago until the m4 chopped it in half !!) down a long lane that seems to be going no-where ....... exactly where you'd expect to find a range i guess :lol:

its 100 yards until lunchtime then move back to 200 for the afternoon, makes no odds if your only shooting 25/50/75 etc yards as you just move your targets back with you :)

cant remember exactly how much it is, i think it was (about) £200 odd for the pair of us, but thats a lot of wednesdays and saturdays shooting :good:

its near a MOD range (used to be one years ago until the m4 chopped it in half !!) down a long lane that seems to be going no-where ....... exactly where you'd expect to find a range i guess :lol:

its 100 yards until lunchtime then move back to 200 for the afternoon, makes no odds if your only shooting 25/50/75 etc yards as you just move your targets back with you :)

cant remember exactly how much it is, i think it was (about) £200 odd for the pair of us, but thats a lot of wednesdays and saturdays shooting :good:

:good: I'll contact them soon and arrange to pop down there. Not far from me, around 22 miles.

Thanks. I believe that this is the range that I visited many years ago to attend a NV demonstration by Nite Site.

How much is the membership?

If I google severnside I get a range in Penarth, that is clearly not Magor but I would be interested in having a look at that range in Magor

Is the one in Penarth the Barry tunnel you mentioned?

Edited by Vince Green

If I google severnside I get a range in Penarth, that is clearly not Magor but I would be interested in having a look at that range in Magor

Is the one in Penarth the Barry tunnel you mentioned?

I don't think the Penarth one is the same as Barry Tunnel, but I could be wrong. I have tried to contact Richard, who runs the Magor range, a few times, but have not spoken to him as yet.

I shoot at Severnside, but with Dursley Rifle and Pistol Club. As well as Richard's own club, there are several others like DR&PC that use it. From memory, we pay £40 a year membership and £10 range fee each time we go. Very reasonable I think. Unfortunately there is a temporary bar on new members at the moment which is dictated by the lanes available to us at Severn side.

Anybody interested in shooting at severside range by magor give me a pm and I'll do my best to put you in contact with richy I know him very well as I worked there for years as all my brothers and sisters over the years, it's a nice friendly place with good banter and atmosphere.

• 2 weeks later...