Grass cut charlie came out

ShootingEgg

Went to a mates farm earlier this evening, grass cut and collected by 8pm. At 9 pm i looked over my shoulder whilst sat in the high seat and there he was trotting across the field. Squeaked the call he looked up but didnt stop, was able to get a safe shot off and dropped him at 120yrds

DSC_1065.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

The shock of a 243 hitting the body of the fox would easily have dispatched it instantly I imagine?

It says he was droppped? It might not be pretty but it's evidently effective.

I use my .243 for 99% of Fox shooting. (used with NV) I reload using 100gr soft points. My usual range of taking a fox is sub 100 yards (70 - 80) and it hits them hard. I've never had a runner when using this calibre. Not a pretty sight I agree, but a very humane and quick dispatch.

This was NOT a runner in the sense of hit then run on to drop. It got hit and was at the same spot when I went to retrieve. Apologies if the image offends people.

Ignore Motty, I doubt he has ever shot a fox. One of the guys who likes to put in the odd "witty" comment just to stoke the fire so to speak.

Stick to posting the pics in Fox Club mate, it avoids such comments. I use .243 58 Grain BT rounds and they make a serious mess depending upon the angle of entry and exit.

I am sure that Motty and the other Pigeon shooting boys cause a lot more suffering on pricked birds then us fox boys do but best to give them the moral high ground (in case they cry) :lol::lol:

Most of my fox shooting was done with a .270 or .308 . They were instantly dead with these two calibres . Yes they all were a bit messy when shot . I can put my hand on my heart and say that I never had a runner with these two Rounds . I shot a lot of foxes with both rifles as my brief was to shoot a fox before a deer . Most were taken from a high seat .

Harnser.

Ignore Motty, I doubt he has ever shot a fox. One of the guys who likes to put in the odd "witty" comment just to stoke the fire so to speak.

Stick to posting the pics in Fox Club mate, it avoids such comments. I use .243 58 Grain BT rounds and they make a serious mess depending upon the angle of entry and exit.

I am sure that Motty and the other Pigeon shooting boys cause a lot more suffering on pricked birds then us fox boys do but best to give them the moral high ground (in case they cry) :lol::lol:

well said mike but dont forget to mention the large amount you miss ;):lol::lol::lol::lol::lol: