Aldi Working dog food.

Red-dot

Langhams is a great dog food but my Aldi only does it in 2kg bags. It scored very high on an internet test whereas the top brands Bakers/James Wellbeloved/Beta hardly scored at all.

It is made by Harringtons who unfortunately make Wagg.

Edited by Red-dot

Langhams is a great dog food but my Aldi only does it in 2kg bags. It scored very high on an internet test whereas the top brands Bakers/James Wellbeloved/Beta hardly scored at all.

It is made by Harringtons who unfortunately make Wagg.

Why do you say. "unfortunately make Wagg". .???

My dog likes it along with lidle working dog food and wagg dog food,he gets some tinned dog meat with it or trimmings from the kitchen. Tried him on all the so called too expensive stuff,he turns his nose up and won't eat it. Gave too many bags away so usually buy small bag first to try him.

Funny how they can prefer the food I wouldn't normally ever give my dog.

• 1 year later...

Have used Aldi worker complete dog food for some time and all of my dogs have loved it and done well until recently when the packaging has not changed but the contents have.  All of my dogs take one sniff and walk away now.  It's make up as well as looks are totally different.  They gave no notification that it had changed.  Have gone over to Wagg worker from Sainsbury at £9 /16kg which is the manufacturer of the aldi food according to intelnet and they again eat it eagerly. 

New 20190108_160240.jpg

Original 20190108_160201.jpg

I remember dog sitting for someone who bought ALDI dog food, this must be 10 years ago before they went big. 

I recall opening a bag and pouring it out and it had a bloody pencil fall out into the bag, alongside a load of those fibre like cables, all mixed into the food? 

I tried my pup on at oeast 5-6 different foods, all the apparent top brands, James WellBeloved, Millie’s Wolf Heart, nothing I tried however was great and he was too loose. 

Tried RAW and much better. 

My dog likes it for a while but gets bored of the same dry food. I always mix it with either meat or tinned dog food tripe etc. I regularly change makes of food, I mix it for a few days so he gets used to the new.

It won't be any worse than other more expensive dry goods from big names. Tried my dog on the most expensive foods when younger he wouldn't eat them but likes the cheaper stuff.

On 25/05/2017 at 20:33, washerboy said:

Not sure any dried food no matter how good it is will be anything as good to a dog as feeding raw .

Millies Wolfheart is closeto raw, excellent food. Wouldn't feed ours anything else unless we ever get the freezer space to go raw. We often get asked if ours are fed raw. 

I personally feed ours the best I can afford, I pay £47 a sack which feeds a 16kg and 20kg dog for a month. Look on allaboutdogfood.co.uk for a unbiased rating on all dog foods, its very interesting. 

Can't imagine Aldi working food has any meat in, probably pure maize and full of ****. Specially at £5 per 20kg.

To add, I've just looked, is it branded 'EARLS' sold by Aldi? if so its rated 0.8/5 and has a few red listed ingredients, and they will not disclose where its made..

Ingredients listed are:
CerealsMeat and Animal Derivatives (17%, Including 4% Chicken), Oils and FatsVarious SugarsDerivatives of Vegetable Origin, Minerals, Seeds (Linseed 0.06%), Vegetables(4% Vegetables in the Vegetable Kibbles), Hydrolysed Yeast and Chicory Extracts (0.003%), AntioxidantsPreservatives.

Edited by Pigeonshooter22

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...