Was at a comp last weekend and a lad I know was using the latest batch of Superfasts with the new logo on box etc and says he thinks they're different. Different noise and recoil he thinks. He was asking as I used to shoot them for years but not for last year or so.

How recently have they changed?

I've been using the ones in orange boxes for the past year or so, most recently bought them about a month ago, but have been thinking recently about trying to find something softer to help with recoil on all wood stocked guns (where they are punchy if you get through a good number in a session). If these have softened up a bit, then it'd be great news as I generally get on pretty well with them.

The boxes are still orange but the Hull logo is different. Now has a crown over the H in Hull.

I shot them when they first came out touted as a run using up old stock components. They were in blue or green fronted boxes as they changed from run to run. At the time I thought they were great and seemed quite fast. The later variants seemed smoother softer shooting but a bit slower. The latest incarnation I couldn't comment as I've not shot any, just what I have been told.

Edited by figgy

Have been using Superfasts for several years and bought a 1000 this afternoon at £176.

Still 27gm and in an orange box. As we are off to Coleys Saturday should get threw 200ish - I'll let you know how I get on with them.

Was that price for fibre or plastic? I paid £185 for fibre a couple of weeks ago

I used to shoot superfast a lot, and I stopped when one day a fiber wad ended up wedged in a barrels. To be fair it was perhaps box 4 of a new 1000 I just had bought, and they took the whole 1000 back from me for testing...

Still, I switched to CompX 28g fiber. less recoil (by a country mile) and they break pretty much everything too; oh and they fit the SxS as they are 65mm!

It looks (from the box description) that I have the new ones.

Can't say I've noticed much, if any change, but I am going to try some CompX 28s again at some point to see what they're like. I usually use CompX 21s in my old guns but haven't shot them in 28 gram for ages as the Supers are always in stock locally at good prices. If they're significantly softer then that's be worth paying a bit extra for.

Was that price for fibre or plastic? I paid £185 for fibre a couple of weeks ago

Plastic - and I noticed that they were priced at £198 at Coleys.

Spent Saturday morning at Coleys shot at 170 clays broke 132 - the second bird on stand 13 is impossible :oops: .

The Superfasts worked as expected plus I used some Velocity's 28gn (just to compare with the Superfasts) the old guy pulling the trigger was the issue :lol: .

I will be sticking with the Superfasts (my preference) may even go and buy another 1000 before the price increases.

• 2 weeks later...

I have started using the fibre version on the crows which seem to work very well indeed although I must confess to thinking they are slightly softer on recoil than the plastic wads. For clay shooting I use a Beretta DT10 32'' which does still give a bit of recoil when I use the plastic wad version (which is not that often) but the fibre through my little 28'' Sabatti o/u seems to have less recoil than the plastic wad in the Beretta.........a bit odd.

Phil