BSA 240 Magnum dangerous trigger

spandit

I bought a BSA 240 Magnum air pistol in .177 some time ago (1996, I think) and frankly I haven't put that many rounds through it. I lost confidence in it after it started to go off even with the safety on. The rear sight is broken as it fired so slammed shut whilst I was cocking it and closer investigation shows the trigger mechanism to have very little metal holding the powerful spring back (bear in mind I haven't adjusted the trigger pull weight). I've had it apart and reassembled again so I can understand what is going on but can't see a way of improving things. Only want it for plinking but scared to use it as quite often it will go off before I've managed to get it onto target.

Anyone else had this problem?

Must be one of the very worst pistols ever made - I bought one and soon realised what a massive mistake I had made, even when running as it should accuracy is more of a lottery than ,well, the Lottery. Give it away, burn it or melt it down and turn it into something more useful then go buy a HW45 or an early 1322 pump up pistol (MUST have a metal breach and NOT plastic) and Bobs your uncle. Doesn't help your situation I'm afraid but they really are a Chocolate Tea Pot.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Spandit

I've two Magnums, The only problem i've had was with the mk1, The breech seal (O Ring) Kept dropping out as it's not held in as the mk2 is, I'd thought about degreasing the slot that it sits in and using contact adhesive to hold it in place!!

Are you sure the trigger adjustment hasn't moved over the years causing a very light sear contact?

AtsngIl.jpg

I acttually love these little pistols, Can't remember what mine shoot like as i've not had them out in years!!

John :)