Bullet storage

Ok chaps now the restrictions on expanding bullets have been lifted and become section 1 it can be ordered through the post like target ammo.

And you can store as many as you wish.

do the unloaded bullets have to be stored in your safe?

I have a gun room which is tecnically a large safe.

Fitted with a small ammo safe.

I've added 3 more calibers to my ticket which I'll reload for.

So can I now legally store the unloaded bullets say in a cubourd in the gun room and all loaded rounds in the ammo safe in mtm boxes.

Sparkie

I

Ok chaps now the restrictions on expanding bullets have been lifted and become section 1 it can be ordered through the post like target ammo.

And you can store as many as you wish.

do the unloaded bullets have to be stored in your safe?

I have a gun room which is tecnically a large safe.

Fitted with a small ammo safe.

I've added 3 more calibers to my ticket which I'll reload for.

So can I now legally store the unloaded bullets say in a cubourd in the gun room and all loaded rounds in the ammo safe in mtm boxes.

Sparkie

I

I would think, yes, expanding bullets can be stored outside of a safe.

I see this, from a purchasing and retailing point of view, causing two things. Firstly, I think there may be initial shortages as people begin to stockpile their favourite brand of bullet now that there are no restrictions. In turn this may lead to long waits for people that aren't stockpiling as the importers will still be working to the previous, limited demand.

Secondly, in the longer run, prices may drop as retailers realise that there is now a multitude of competitors who can simply post bullets to customers. This, although initially good for consumers, may squeeze retailers.

I'm probably wrong though. If I had the money and time I would be inclined to set up an online shop purely to trade in mail order bullets. A bit like just cartridges deals only with mail order shotgun shells.

• 2 weeks later...

I see this, from a purchasing and retailing point of view, causing two things. Firstly, I think there may be initial shortages as people begin to stockpile their favourite brand of bullet now that there are no restrictions. In turn this may lead to long waits for people that aren't stockpiling as the importers will still be working to the previous, limited demand.

Secondly, in the longer run, prices may drop as retailers realise that there is now a multitude of competitors who can simply post bullets to customers. This, although initially good for consumers, may squeeze retailers.

I'm probably wrong though. If I had the money and time I would be inclined to set up an online shop purely to trade in mail order bullets. A bit like just cartridges deals only with mail order shotgun shells.

You are 100% right, certainly in Wales some of the RFDs were milking the situation and if they are gutted now well serves them right.v

• 2 weeks later...