Pinewood would like to see rotarys banned

Our clients don't pay anything for the actual act of shooting Pigeons. Our daily fee is the same whether they shoot 0 birds or 200 birds.

The daily fee is to pay for;

Our time on the day and during reconnaissance, our expert guidance, vehicle fuel and running repairs, vehicle tax/MOT, hire of decoys, hide, magnets, flappers, lofters, seats, Administration charges (telephone and email bookings), third party liability insurance for the company (not cheap!!)..........the list is endless.

Mark.

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It seems to me that there is an awful lot of smoke but no fire on this subject. Us Countryman are bound to be abit suspicious of anyone or any organisation when we here rumour of a so called Closed season whether it be for Pigeon, hare, Deer, Pheasant etc. etc. Stems from before the hunting ban and the governments (Both Tory and Labour) lack of true understanding of what actual happens here in the country and what long term effects will happen because of said ban, close season etc.

We to a man or woman should be ensuring that we all act within the law and if we need clarification of the current status then ask suitable questions on here, DEFRA, BASC or read shooting times, sporting gun, spoorting shooter etc. etc.

The trouble is and anyone with any contractual knowledge will tell you, the law is all about interpretation by the individual chosen to do so.

usually a Judge, team of QC's some No-mark civil servant.

As David BASC has said, as yet the use of guides has not been challanged in court, but if and when it is, the ruling will again define the way in which we carry out our chosen sport, pest control etc.

All we can do as individuals is continually lobby our MP's and Through the use of BASC and other organisations challange each decision we deem unfair or unjust.

SS

The word "agent" can be interpreted in many differnt ways, but is generally accepted as a person or persons acting for and on behalf of another in the conduct of an act or service.

I therefore feel that it would be difficult for a judge to find againts an agent.

However I do feel that MRobsons approach is a safer way as they are charging for transport, equipment hire etc as part of a package which includes access to land over which pigeons are causing a problem and require control by shooting.

webber

Edited by new to the flock

As it goes i have just posted about the use of the BASC logo - if a member wants to sport the BASC logo then why shouldn't they?

May I be so bold as to suggest that if Webber et al AGREED with you- then you would not be complaining about them using the BASC logo on their posts!

Which comments? The OGL points are in the public domain - and are a simple reiteration of fact.

If you are trying to add to the conspiracy theory that BASC is campaigning for a closed season well I can assure you that BASC are not campaigning for a closed season - and I do not care who your contacts are or who anyone else's ' Official / confidential / industry/ or other contacts are- this statement is from the horses mouth

'BASC are not campaigning for a pigeon closed season. There are no plans what so ever for BASC to campaign for a pigeon closed season.'

Best wishes

David

David,

Sorry to tag onto your window but I am new at this.

Do to the fact that I have removed 4 personal attacks in the last 5 minutes after I requested them to stop this topic is closed.

NTTF

Edited by new to the flock

Mark,

I honestly do not know of ANY shooting organisation that is lobbying for a closed season.

I do know that some recent BTO work suggested that pigeon shooting in Summer was having an effect on numbers- but as they are pests i do not see what the problem could be! Cranfield (I think) said exactly the same.

It has been mooted by some on this forum that a closed season would be an idea - BUT as I thought was decided (and very sensibly too!) that as responsible shooters were are more then capable of self regulation and certainly do not need ANYONE to tell us when to stop shooting pigeons.

For what is it worth, I think the great majority of shooters are the same- be they stalkers, widlfowlers, rough shooters or game shooters,we are NOT in it just fot the big bags we are responsible and we will make sure shooting is safe and well run.

BUT - the ball is in our court- if we do not keep our house in order then as sure a God made little eggs some 'official' will make a name for themselves (or try to) and launch some damaging campaign or other - the future is very much in our hands.

David

well that was an interesting topic, gives for some good reading, and a break from assignments :D

this forum is becoming more and more like BBS, the infos better but i find people are areguing more and more.

not the way id like to see such a good forum go :whistling:

oh, well

cheers

flash

I note that the alleged troll contingent have failed to comment on the pigeon population statistics.

Allow me to briefly summarise the results:

England = UP & UP

Scotland = Down & up a bit

Oh dear, maybe a certain guide may feel that he has overdone it a couple of years ago. It may be that he does have a concience afterall, delayed though it may be. Hence the self imposed moretorium on pigeon shooting. Maybe the potential legal difficulties were just a smoke screen to save face, hard though it may be!

Dont think that he fooled us, did he gentlemen??

webber

wasnt it a sporting agent in scotland who shot over 1000 pigeons in a day with a group on guns? o yes they had magnets, i wounder what they paid to shoot that many? but i suppose the agent if they book again will decline their money and say sorry we no longer use magnets.

at the end of the day we have enough regulations as it is, pigeons are pests all through the year and as such should be controlled. it just so happens to be a coincidence that they are hugly satisfying to decoy successfully and provide such perfect sport.

David BASC,

Your statement: 'depositing lead shot over wetlands was banned' is misleading. If you are a spokesman for BASC you must get your facts right. Your statement applies in Scotland but in England you cannot use lead shot to shoot wildfowl, even over stubble, or any other dry land, but INCLUDING wetlands!! Please correct this, so that everyone can see the way the law applies in England, as opposed to Scotland, and, (I believe) Wales?

i read that article and i think that its absolutly ridiculous, *** on even now ive seen pigeons thriving on the farms,

this time of year they are hardly touched due to the rape and wheat being so high.

he makes money from selling the machines if the pigeons are less hell sell more rotaries so people can shoot the pigeons wats he complainin for :unsure :blink:

I was not trying to mislead anyone and I am sure that everyone who reads my posts will know that I have not ever tried to do this in the past.

You are correct that the lead ban on wildfowl in Engalnd is not restricted to welands.

If there is any doubt about the use of lead shot in thev UK please go to the BASC web site for clarification.

Best wishes

David

• 4 weeks later...