Worse airgun ever owned ?

washerboy

Proper airguns and not gat guns etc it's got to be the HW 95 I have, don't know why I keep it, I can't get it to consistently group. I will get to the bottom of it, going to strip it and tune it. If it still horrible it'll go.

I just like to have a springer handy in case of a problem with PCP having no air or leaking.

Edited by figgy

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Gamo Hunter 440. My first gun. In a way it has emotional value, going out hunting with my dad, but it wasn't very good at all to be mild.

Oh no wait, Gamo G1200. Dear lord, that was awful. CO2 powered awfulness.

The next gun was 1000 steps better: a BSA Spitfire. Still have it. A sweet little gun.

They were good guns until they moved production from Birmingham to Spain

They were good guns until they moved production from Birmingham to Spain

I thought BSA were still making rifles in Birmingham.

BSA NOW BlOODY SPAIN ARRRRGGGHHHH!

Worst air rifle i ever had was a relum tornado, mind you it had seen a rough life.

atb

7diaw

I've had an SMK 20 for over ten years, I must be lucky because it's accurate BUT horrendous twang noise when fires!!!

Yeh light stock and overpowered spring so they shake all over the place.

Best springer I had when I was 10, was a Jelly .177 made in Hungary , I could knock sparrows of the roof tops three doors down with open sights.

My worst air rifle was given to me by my uncle, I cannot remember its name (maybe Diana?) but the outer barrel was made from pressed steel sheet with the rifle tube inside, he used to keep racing pigeons and used it for shooting at cats after his birds

Edited by old'un

I have a relum break barrell think its a telly as its got a cheek piece. Its a bag of cack but I will never part with it as it was my first propper gun (after the gat) which may older brother bought for me out of the blue for no reason other than we have always been best mates. I was 12 at the time I think. Since leaving school at 15 I have worked alongside my brother and still do at ages 53 & 57 he is still my best mate 👍

Sorry went off on a tangent but that's why I would never part with the bag of junk 😁

BSA XL Lightning. Even thing that could break, spring, safety, stock broke. A far as Im concerned BSA stands for Bloody **** Airgun.

+1 BSA Lightning XL,safety catch went within a week.Must admit that BSA where fantastic,a guy actually drove up from Birmingham and took the gun away.

Reasonable if not tack driving accuracy is the beginning and end for me when it comes to air guns and I have had lots of good ones including HW80/90/100/35/95 (mine is superb untuned), Original 45 (outstanding), BSA Lightning (reasonable but you can't expect more from the package), BSF 55 and S54 under lever (both orrible but reasonably accurate), Whaley Crossman 761 XL Super (highly flawed but accurate), AA S510, FX Wildcat, and quite a few more besides.....................

If I had to pick bad ones it would have to be pretty much any pistol I've ever shot or owned, Original 35 .177 and my 70's cherished and beautiful BSA Airsporter .22 - the latter you can forgive because it was an old design and getting the tap lever right can't have been easy back then but the former puzzles me to this day.

My grandmothers pre-war Gem .177. I still have it. It's so inaccurate I don't know why they put sights on it. The sights it has are in a dovetail and can be adjusted with a small hammer. Power is minimal from a spring that looks like it came from a sprung mattress.

Granny lived in London throughout the war and used it to shoot feral pigeons at 6ft range to supplement their meat ration.

DGS Ultima-X. unparalleled levels of hopelessness.

Multishot, but manual indexing on a magazine system that didn't quite sit straight, so it would just chew the pellets. jammed regularly, not that accurate even when working, sluggish filling and pretty poor stock finish.

Apart from that was it any good 😁

Every single air pistol I've had was pure cack. Telegraph poles were all you hit at any range or wriggly tin barns.

We used to have fights with them in our early teens, Webley tempests and juniors BSA Scorpions and some other relics. Used to sting a bit if you got hit specially in the ***** running way trying to reload marksman pellets out of a squashed and dog eared cardboard box. Can't ever remember shooting any pests with them.

There was some rubbish about in the 80's hand me downs and cheap imports.

Edited by figgy

old'un - think you mean "TELLY" - made by Relum who also made the T100, T200 and the Tornado, they also built a self loading type springer I believe that has become rather collectable.

Hi Bruno

People called them the Relum Telly but the badge had a typo- It said JELLY on it!!

JRhJYtU.jpg

My worst gun (And i've had a few!) Was this Logun S-16, It was actually quite consistent to say it leaked badly all the time I owned it!!

Crumbs!! It must have hit a chord as all the pics of it have gone!! All I can find is a group pic from years ago, It's next to the last one! :whistling:

KsBzNBB.jpg

I also bought a Crosman T4, I was really lucky if 5 out of 8 shots actually left the barrel! Indexing was terrible, When I looked in to it, It was a common fault :mad:

John..