Worse airgun ever owned ?

washerboy

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Was a small diana i had given by an old guy who was a friend of the family, it was nice condition but had a tin plate barrel with a brass insert with no rifling in it.

Was very underpowered and it was inaccurate, most probably worth something to collectors now.

Hi Bruno

People called them the Relum Telly but the badge had a typo- It said JELLY on it!!

JRhJYtU.jpg

My worst gun (And i've had a few!) Was this Logun S-16, It was actually quite consistent to say it leaked badly all the time I owned it!!

Crumbs!! It must have hit a chord as all the pics of it have gone!! All I can find is a group pic from years ago, It's next to the last one! :whistling:

KsBzNBB.jpg

I also bought a Crosman T4, I was really lucky if 5 out of 8 shots actually left the barrel! Indexing was terrible, When I looked in to it, It was a common fault :mad:

John..

Yep, that's the one, mine was a brake barrel .177 it was really accurate (well mine was) and it had got some power, when I was a kid it was called a Jelly and that's what I still call em. :yes:

Thanks for the pic's, some nice guns there, do you get to use them all or are you just collecting them?

Quite possibly 😉

Was at my mums for tea on wed was having a look through old photo albums mainly of my sadly now departed dads RAF days in Singapore then came across this purely by chance. Note the rather dashing flares 😁

Ps

I retained by good looks 😁

Yep, that's the one, mine was a brake barrel .177 it was really accurate (well mine was) and it had got some power, when I was a kid it was called a Jelly and that's what I still call em. :yes:

Thanks for the pic's, some nice guns there, do you get to use them all or are you just collecting them?

Hi old'un

I hardly ever get to the range these days so they're not getting used, That's a small number of what I have in total, I think the tally is now around 150 and a load of actions to play with!!

John :)

Did the pellets from the gat gun penetrate the polystyrene target ips, or bounce off? :lol:

From memory bounced off 😁 but the little darts used to stick in "just" the gat was accurate at two yards if clamped in a vice. At five yards as depicted in pic the grouping was a good 30" 😁

From memory bounced off but the little darts used to stick in "just" the gat was accurate at two yards if clamped in a vice. At five yards as depicted in pic the grouping was a good 30"

when i look back early 80s i can remember kids having gat fights in class when teachers back was turned ,loads of pops and owwws.

these days would be full armed response :)

smk springers absolute cack.

Edited by Remimax

Did the pellets from the gat gun penetrate the polystyrene target ips, or bounce off? :lol:

Years ago I had a Chinese B2, I took it to work, A mate took his Webley mk3, We both fired at a large pine corebox from around ten feet, His penetrated about 3/4", Mine bounced off and hit me bang in the middle of my forehead!! :lol::lol:

It went in the bin if I recall right!! :ninja:

John :)

Reasonable if not tack driving accuracy is the beginning and end for me when it comes to air guns and I have had lots of good ones including HW80/90/100/35/95 (mine is superb untuned), Original 45 (outstanding), BSA Lightning (reasonable but you can't expect more from the package), BSF 55 and S54 under lever (both orrible but reasonably accurate), Whaley Crossman 761 XL Super (highly flawed but accurate), AA S510, FX Wildcat, and quite a few more besides.....................

If I had to pick bad ones it would have to be pretty much any pistol I've ever shot or owned, Original 35 .177 and my 70's cherished and beautiful BSA Airsporter .22 - the latter you can forgive because it was an old design and getting the tap lever right can't have been easy back then but the former puzzles me to this day.

i had a webley mk 3...which had tap problems...until i was shown how to set it up...i was gicen a rod the same width of the bore.....undid the tap plate and stuff with spring and ball etc...slid the rod down the barrell...and added/took away shims from the tap until the rod slid nice and easy in and out...

i had a webley mk 3...which had tap problems...until i was shown how to set it up...i was gicen a rod the same width of the bore.....undid the tap plate and stuff with spring and ball etc...slid the rod down the barrell...and added/took away shims from the tap until the rod slid nice and easy in and out...

I have no doubt a skilled and knowledgeable person can make worthwhile improvements, I once had a few shots with an AArms Khamsin and was amazed at its accuracy.

• 2 months later...

Worst air gun I ever bought was a Theoben Rapid.

Everyman and his dog had been messing with it and its internals were a right mix. IMO this is the downside of rifles that are "easy to strip and take apart yourself". Personally people shouldn't mess with them, leave it to the professionals.