Freelander 2 on a 12 plate start stop

kingo15

We brought the freelander last week from a landrover dealer it has 12 months warranty. It's going back as the as the start stop doesn't work. Just curious as what possible causes might be so I can make sure that check everything

We brought the freelander last week from a landrover dealer it has 12 months warranty. It's going back as the as the start stop doesn't work. Just curious as what possible causes might be so I can make sure that check everything

Could be anything, but to save looking like a numpty check that it's not turned off or aircon on and a number of other reasons that should be in the handbook.I say look like a numpty because I once took a brand new Vauxhall Calibra back after only 2 weeks with a annoying rattle from under the footwell.Kick up a right stink they took it back and found the issue after 20mins.Service manager kindly in front of everyone 'handed me back a box of Maltesers my wife had left in the under seat tray. Edited by Davyo

It's more the fact if we decided to sell it in the near future for what ever reason just want everything working that's all.

Yeah have had only the bare basics running no aircon etc.still no joy. Drove it for a good 1 hr on a run and still wouldn't work. Had found a few articles about it. But thought I'd also check in here

Does it save enough fuel to worry about it?

I'm always sceptical whether the extra wear on the starter and battery is worth it

Should see how much battery are for these with start/stop. If you get s proper one for a car with start stop there usually around 100 quid at trade.

It's more the fact if we decided to sell it in the near future for what ever reason just want everything working that's all.

Yeah have had only the bare basics running no aircon etc.still no joy. Drove it for a good 1 hr on a run and still wouldn't work. Had found a few articles about it. But thought I'd also check in here

Have you been through the entire system to see if it's on or.off? I know sometimes you can switch it via the on-board computer

Well after a 40 minute journey yesterday we pulled up and it still didn't work. Went we returned to the truck.agter about 15 mins we started the truck drove about 400 yds down the road stopped at traffic lights and the stop start worked. Weird

Well after a 40 minute journey yesterday we pulled up and it still didn't work. Went we returned to the truck.agter about 15 mins we started the truck drove about 400 yds down the road stopped at traffic lights and the stop start worked. Weird

Welcome to the wonderful world of Land Rover,

Mate has a freelancer 2 and one of the parking sensors chooses if and when it works

:shaun:

I've got a 10 plate Freelander and the stop start has not worked for a couple of years or so. Had it checked out by my local garage when it first stopped working. The garage owner whose expertise I respect thoroughly said it was tricky to sort out and not really worth worrying about. I followed his advise and have not noticed any drop off in the mpg.

However I would like you take it back from where you bought it for them to sort.