Doctors Surgery receptionists

Davyo

I noticed that.

Sooooo, either politely state that unless they are my Doctor then your not willing to discuss , especially when there is clearly confidentiality issues.

Or do as I last did, explain the medical term to which she looked totally blank to then follow up with a nice description of it :-)

That soon had her fumbling over the keyboard............

Not exactly patient confidentality is it ?

No, it isn't; made all the worse when you live in a very small rural town and many of the folk sitting in the waiting room will know you, including the receptionists. Even on the phone I simply tell them that I'd rather not say.

Despite all that it's no secret to the receptionists as they type up the GP's notes. :)

My ex wife worked in the NHS. She could look anybody's notes up and often did just to be nosey! She wasn't even on the medical side she worked in HR then reduced her hours and went as a receptionist and occasionally did letters/admin so she had a log in.

There is no confidentiality in the NHS

My ex wife worked in the NHS. She could look anybody's notes up and often did just to be nosey! She wasn't even on the medical side she worked in HR then reduced her hours and went as a receptionist and occasionally did letters/admin so she had a log in.

What makes this even worse from a security perspective is that firearms owners are now flagged on a patient's GP notes. If a nosey staff member is a wrong un, or being coerced by someone who is, they could soon find the best addresses to turn over to get guns

Section 1 of computer misuse act1990

Unauthorised access to data....

Naughty naughty

When she asked "whats wrong", i said "i have a problem with my ****.She then said "you shouldn't of said that in a full waiting room".I said "but you did insist i tell you", she said "ok, but you could of said you have a problem with you ear or something"

"Ok can we start again, i have a problem with my ear"

she asked "whats wrong with your ear"

?"

I said !"i cant **** out of it"

When she asked "whats wrong", i said "i have a problem with my ****.She then said "you shouldn't of said that in a full waiting room".I said "but you did insist i tell you", she said "ok, but you could of said you have a problem with you ear or something"

?"

😂 👍

Or even when in a chemist and the person gets their name called when their prescription is ready and the pharmacist asks them questions in front of everyone waiting. I've witnessed some very personal things in that situation.

You really shouldn't be hanging around that queue so much! :rolleyes:

?"

:lol::lol:

post-33911-0-12363200-1496232582_thumb.png

Soon to be come a thing of the past anyway.

If I need to go to the quack I can book online, sign in at the touchscreen at reception door on arrival and go straight to my doctors waiting room.

This is how our surgery does it too.

Only those who can't operate a simple system now trouble the receptionists.

Have to say at our doctors surgery if I need to book an appointment either in person or by phone the receptionist does what she's paid for and gives me a date. Only question is which doctor would you care to see.

Having said that 3 out of the 5 receptionists are A ok the other 2 would melt your brain with a hard stare for no reason.

Section 1 of computer misuse act1990

Unauthorised access to data....

Naughty naughty

Has anybody ever been prosecuted? I doubt it very much. Anyway she was 'authorised', she had a login code and a password, even the clerical temps get access to patient records. The point I was making is the lack of confidentiality. Back in the old days you had to request a patient's notes and get them sent to you. Now they are up on screen, every member of staff in the trust can access them

Edited by Vince Green

?"

Hahaha

Edited by Tactical_Brown

Soon to be come a thing of the past anyway.

If I need to go to the quack I can book online, sign in at the touchscreen at reception door on arrival and go straight to my doctors waiting room.

All sounds very good, but more often than not the 'self-book-in' is 'Unavailable' at our surgery. And as regards appointments with the doc. Ours only let you book 28 days in advance, and every time I've gone on line to do this, it states all appointments are all booked. So i get back on the phone only to be told the same thing, with the added bit of, 'we're not allowed to book appointments longer than 28 days away. No doubt as it makes them look as shi5e as they are! A friend of ours who works at this surgery as a nurse has stated 'they' simply can't cope with the influx of patients, partly due to Eastern Europeans. Don't shoot the messenger, those were her words not mine... The personally think the NHS is so far down the hole, i doubt any amount of money will ever be able to pull it out!....

All sounds very good, but more often than not the 'self-book-in' is 'Unavailable' at our surgery. And as regards appointments with the doc. Ours only let you book 28 days in advance, and every time I've gone on line to do this, it states all appointments are all booked. So i get back on the phone only to be told the same thing, with the added bit of, 'we're not allowed to book appointments longer than 28 days away. No doubt as it makes them look as shi5e as they are! A friend of ours who works at this surgery as a nurse has stated 'they' simply can't cope with the influx of patients, partly due to Eastern Europeans. Don't shoot the messenger, those were her words not mine... The personally think the NHS is so far down the hole, i doubt any amount of money will ever be able to pull it out!....

Don't worry, when they start charging for appointments you will be able to get one whenever you like. Worth a tenner for that alone

Has anybody ever been prosecuted? I doubt it very much. Anyway she was 'authorised', she had a login code and a password, even the clerical temps get access to patient records. The point I was making is the lack of confidentiality. Back in the old days you had to request a patient's notes and get them sent to you. Now they are up on screen, every member of staff in the trust can access them

Just having a log on does not make you authorised to view all data.

Each and every access of data must be for a specific purpose..... she cannot go on a fishing expedition to look up medical notes for no good reason.

https://ico.org.uk/action-weve-taken/enforcement/sally-anne-day/

Some examples taken from the information commissioner website

Edited by happypig

Just having a log on does not make you authorised to view all data.

Each and every access of data must be for a specific purpose..... she cannot go on a fishing expedition to look up medical notes for no good reason.

https://ico.org.uk/action-weve-taken/enforcement/sally-anne-day/

Some examples taken from the information commissioner website

correct,I have access(licence)to tax records but that does not mean i can vist willy nilly.Id get sacked on the spot if I accessed a record without a business reason and I'd have to leave a note in that record of my reasons.