Guest cookoff013

Agree!

But were discussing about UK manufactured plastic wads if i recall and why it is not viable to sell to reloading market.

What you said above, although in reference to shots, essentially agrees with what i said: there is no sense in making and selling any component to the retail market as it could be their (only) unique selling point....

what you are then describing (many manufacturer producing the same shall under different names) is essentially the base of a free economy where the same thing is produced and sold by many who compete on price and quality to provide the end user with an affordable qualiy item. Look at electricity: sold to you by many provider whom compete on prices ... yet, it all come from the same source! :good:

So, in my view i rather 4 manufacturer competing to bring me a cheap 28gr pigeon (mass market) shell than each trying to sell me their own version at a premium... :yes:

sadly we can look at the varnplas / helarco wads as a what not to do. those wads were ok but it seems the denity of them changed / less raw material and they became awful.

plastic is fantastic but wads are now a guarded secret. take the american tubular wads that dont even open up. they are amazing.

i`d rather a manufacturer just bottle it and have a fibre wadded shell that competes with its plastic equivalent.

sadly we can look at the varnplas / helarco wads as a what not to do. those wads were ok but it seems the denity of them changed / less raw material and they became awful.

plastic is fantastic but wads are now a guarded secret. take the american tubular wads that dont even open up. they are amazing.

i`d rather a manufacturer just bottle it and have a fibre wadded shell that competes with its plastic equivalent.

There's one place that has these - Utopia. :yes:

Guest cookoff013

what are the tubolar wads that don't open? i am missing that... :lol:

I agree, fibre will never compete with well engeneered plastic ... I am say 'well engeneered' as the greek tried to replicate an old Gualandi wad on a cheap polymer and turned out a disaster; :lol:

google flitecontrol wad

several versions. contains unobtainium properties.

Guest cookoff013

Funny I have never seen any reloading data in metric.

its pretty standard in europe.

i bet the powders you are refereing to are american.

Funny I have never seen any reloading data in metric.

that's because you're not shooting enough :lol:

As Cook say you either looking at American powders

if you go on the manufaturers web sites (i.e. Gamebore, Fiocchi, Eley) the specs are all in metric (apart from pressure on UK web) and so are most articles on Shooting UK (with relevant translation to Imperial).... :hmm:

Even on the boxes themselves the weight is in grams

Not yet but its pretty close, hence as close to a common language as possible.

The states is the only place to my knowledge that is still pretty entirely imperial outside of appropriate sections of industry, and even their imperial units are not a common language with ours.

Canada, a mix of both.... I can use both happily, but prefer Imperial....as for the rest of the world, I could not give a toss.......and I doubt they give a toss about us!

Not yet but its pretty close, hence as close to a common language as possible.

The states is the only place to my knowledge that is still pretty entirely imperial outside of appropriate sections of industry, and even their imperial units are not a common language with ours.

How about shotgun gauges? and their bore sizes. regarding proof? Imperial