Draycote water without waders

PeterHenry

OK,

So, I have just moved to Rugby and it looks like I'm spoiled as far as the fishing goes compared to my native Cheshire.

Draycote water is is about five miles away and looks amazing - but - while I have everything technically necessary, I don't have my waders. I've spoken to someone at Draycote on the phone today and he recommended with the warm weather we are having that they would be advisable at the moment - but I though I would ask here as well and see what Pigeon Watch has to say.

Or alternatively, does anyone have a view on wading without waders?

Also, as much as I enjoy boats, I'm not particularly competent with them, so they are probably best left out of the picture at the moment for my own safety as well as the safety of everyone else on the water.

Many thanks,

Peter

A few years ago the fishery banned fishing off the rocks into the deep water, so you can only fish from a boat or the natural banks which generally slope gradually into deeper water hence the need for waders to get out far enough to reach the fish, that said as the evening progresses, and disturbance gets less the fish will come in to feed really close.....if in the right place at the right time using the right method........you can catch some real crackers!...but if you want to maximise your chances during the day......best, invest in a pair of waders........or go afloat!

Waders required down the far end and opposite the boating club.

Used to fish off the dams,Can you not do that now then,Biggest fish came from there when the wind howled into your face..Some big fish in there Brownies..

Used to be a lot of Stock Rainbows though,,Eat mine before bed..yum,yum,.