Chameleon Hides pigeon decoy kit

Hi, no not seen this deal; sounds pretty good for the money, but that said, don't expect too much on the quality or longevity. Basically if you can get hidden behind a net that has a bit of natural foliage included, have some camo clothing, a hat and can keep still as the birds are coming in, then most "kits" will work. As for deeks; well I'm continually finding that pigeons are wise to a lot of modern inventions and where I shoot, birds are often scared off by magnets and flappers, so get a few dead birds as quick as possible to exchange for the bought decoys. Try not to be tempted to shoot at birds of more than ones and twos, as the ones that get away just learn quicker what to avoid, so each time you go out it gets harder to bring them in close enough. Good luck

Hi, no not seen this deal; sounds pretty good for the money, but that said, don't expect too much on the quality or longevity. Basically if you can get hidden behind a net that has a bit of natural foliage included, have some camo clothing, a hat and can keep still as the birds are coming in, then most "kits" will work. As for deeks; well I'm continually finding that pigeons are wise to a lot of modern inventions and where I shoot, birds are often scared off by magnets and flappers, so get a few dead birds as quick as possible to exchange for the bought decoys. Try not to be tempted to shoot at birds of more than ones and twos, as the ones that get away just learn quicker what to avoid, so each time you go out it gets harder to bring them in close enough. Good luck

So if a group of say ten birds approach then you won't shoot? Makes no sense to me I'm afraid, have had plenty of big groups come in to be shot at by four of us over two hides 30 yards apart and what didn't drop in eight shots swirl round and come for another look and get shot second time round especially in a windy day, If I was on my own and a huge group come in of say 50 or more over winter rape I would shoot the tail enders as they leave the pattern but otherwise get stuck into them! A bird in the hand...

Each to his own ideas and this is just what I mostly do. I'm more often than not, on my own, but one of my perms has a few people shooting it and the birds are very clued up. May be I went off topic here, just give the kit a try if you like the look of it and if there are a few good reviews. I've been pigeon and corvid shooting for about 48 years and in my younger days with only full body rubber deeks on the market, no shells, flappers or magnets or even floaters, with just myself and my uncle shooting a large acreage, birds were easier to draw in. In Essex there are quite a lot of shooters and the birds are evolving. But hey, do it your way and have fun.

Each to his own ideas and this is just what I mostly do. I'm more often than not, on my own, but one of my perms has a few people shooting it and the birds are very clued up. May be I went off topic here, just give the kit a try if you like the look of it and if there are a few good reviews. I've been pigeon and corvid shooting for about 48 years and in my younger days with only full body rubber deeks on the market, no shells, flappers or magnets or even floaters, with just myself and my uncle shooting a large acreage, birds were easier to draw in. In Essex there are quite a lot of shooters and the birds are evolving. But hey, do it your way and have fun.

Not sure the birds are evolving.

I have shot several pigeons in Essex. They are no different to Norfolk pigeons.

• 2 weeks later...