PW North -v- South Charity Shoot Results and feedback

petethegeek

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So in fact the North won then, that'll do nicely haha,

Seriously though the South shot well and even with the odd score mix up I think they will still win,

It was another fantastic shoot with some tricky targets,

Nice to meet some old faces again.... Friday night was once again a good night catching up with old friends....

Hopefully we can get the numbers back up next year and it carries on....it deserves to as it does raise good amounts for charity and as shooting sometimes doesn't get the recognition it deserves for raising money....

SO

Well done to all those that attended

Well done to the ground and the scorers

And very well done to the South, we have lent you our trophy for a year so look after it!!!

See you next year

:shaun:

Had a fantastic day. Great weather too.

Good to see you old nd new faces.

Congrats to the ground and staff for their fantastic service yet again.

Well done to the south.

I really hope we can get this happening again next year. As I will be putting plans into action in September for bigger and better prizes so let's make this happen.

Being a NvS PW virgin (oo-eer) can I just say it all was fab. The welcome on Friday night for a few beers, today - breakfast, banter, shooting, the camaraderie in my squad and club house.

Being a infrequent clay shooter, it's definitely renewed my interest.

Thank you to all who organised any of it, the 250 mile drive home was made rather sweet knowing I also beat my co-pilot.

First of all I have to say sorry to Teal, I forgot to thank him for all his hard work. Felt really bad on the way home when it occurred to me.

Secondly, what a fantastic day. Lovely to meet new folks and see lots of old friends. Great to support a fantastic charity. And the South won!

And a very big thank you to Mr Potter for giving me the last prize of the raffle.

Great day, good weather, great organisation, fantastic bunch of people, challenging targets, super raffle prizes and we let the south win to avoid that trembling bottom lip that happens every year.

We will be back to reclaim our rightful position...

Mr Potter

PS I have obviously passed on the raffle winning gene to Son of Potter who positively ravaged the prize table!

A truly memorable day for hopefully all that made the effort to attend, if only for the fact that each and every one of us left the ground knowing full well that we could, and should, have broke more targets..!

It was great to see some old friends from past events, together with a good few new faces, I think we can all agree it was a great day out, and we raised a lot of money for a very good cause.

Hope to see you all again next year..?

Cat.

That will.be me then

Well shot mate. Tbh I was expecting the wooden spoon after my score

well done mark , ill drop you a message regarding specs for your slip mate.

well done to the northerners , you did as you promised and let the southerners win for a change , it was very charitable of you :yes::good: .

I think someone has printed our scores wrong Coatsie and I got either 74/72 and Zetter got 65. It was a good squad and we all enjoyed the shoot.Hope there is another next year , perhaps it could be at Grimsthorpe....or..... Hodnet.. from Auntie.

Correct seems these three were jumbled by the ground, Coatesy got 74, 100milesaway 72 and Zetter 62.

Great day! Raffle raised exactly £1300 with a further £11.20 in collection tins. Plus £805 from the entry fees, so a really good total with some more on just giving also

The good lady took many photos during the day and I will upload in due course.

What a fantastic day with a good array of targets and something for everyone.

A huge thank you to all involved for organising the day :good:

Kingo15 for solicitating many of the raffle prizes :good:

And everyone else for there participation during the day :good:

Many raffle tickets were forced upon us all by TIGHTCHOKE and crew, and I do belive the Porters lived up to there previou years reputation and were victorious in the raffle :whistling:

As already said, a fantastic days sport with like minded people helping to raise funds for a great cause.

Thanks to everyone for a great day :good:

All the best

Sabs

The pre shoot prep talk from the captain's

20170603_100101_zpsqauejcdd.jpg

A action shot from wraivi.

20170603_104645_zpsbjzqfpht.jpg

Steptoe and son, grandson and great grandson (I'll let you decide who is who) :blush:

20170603_110940_zpsewxor6yp.jpg

A couple of squads finding out how each other is doing before being overcome by son of potters flatulence :sick:

20170603_113028_zpsvja9yb7c.jpg

Someone getting a little rest befor the demanding task of calling the raffle.

20170603_124007_zps5subabey.jpg

And of course, the best squad of the day.

20170603_1303260_zpsuahzszsv.jpg

Edited by shoot and be safe

Another cracking day! Thanks to everyone from PW who helped to organise it and to all the groundstaff at Sporting Targets.

Another thank you to all the Mighty Mambas, Evil Elvis, Donkey, South Oxfordshire Fowler, Essex Jonah and Jingle Fett. It was great meeting all of you and we had a good laugh going round the course. I'm afraid I didn't catch our ref's name but a quick shout out to him too for dispensing good advice and funny quips in equal measure.

I do however fear that Evil Elvis may have suffered some kind of permanent mental trauma that may be brought on again in the future by the sight of an orange clay going straight away and curling slightly to the left. :lol:

Thank's for a right good day out. nice clay's :good: no badge lol. :lol: well a good THANK's to all who made it happen, and thanks for putting my score right :yahoo:

hope I get a BAGE next time :whistling: :good: THANK's ALL and thanks 100milesaway for the transport and driving :good:

Edited by coatesy75