PW North -v- South Charity Shoot Results and feedback

petethegeek

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How'd that go?

I enjoyed it very much. Having a looper thrown from the top of the tower, along with a battle were interesting targets :yes: and watching them break was the icing on the cake :yahoo:

Bearing in mind that there was no cartridge load limit and you could use up to no5 shot, I don't think I did too bad with the little 20 using 24g of 7.5 putting in a score of 23. I forgot I had full use of the gun sometimes too :oops:

The ref said I was the first he'd taken round with a 20b and the highest score he'd take so far was around 36 if I remember correctly.

It was a good layout and you had birds off all 3 towers at some great distances,

I'm glad I did it and if I lived closer, I would shoot it again.

I enjoyed it very much. Having a looper thrown from the top of the tower, along with a battle were interesting targets :yes: and watching them break was the icing on the cake :yahoo:

Bearing in mind that there was no cartridge load limit and you could use up to no5 shot, I don't think I did too bad with the little 20 using 24g of 7.5 putting in a score of 23. I forgot I had full use of the gun sometimes too :oops:

The ref said I was the first he'd taken round with a 20b and the highest score he'd take so far was around 36 if I remember correctly.

It was a good layout and you had birds off all 3 towers at some great distances,

I'm glad I did it and if I lived closer, I would shoot it again.

Nicely done sir!

Forgetting you had full use eh? Not like Hodnet where you gave one of the high pheasants two barrels after breaking it with the first shot. :lol:

I'm thinking of popping down to ST again in the relatively near future. If it's still running I might give it a go.

Nicely done sir!

Forgetting you had full use eh? Not like Hodnet where you gave one of the high pheasants two barrels after breaking it with the first shot. :lol:

I'm thinking of popping down to ST again in the relatively near future. If it's still running I might give it a go.

Go for it, it's on till the end of the month.

You now have a slight advantage over me by knowing you have full use of the gun on the majority of the stands, you can take extra cartridges with You. I only had 60 in my bag plus a couple in my pocket :lol:

20170603_155608_zpsynblfuhs.jpg

Good luck and let us know how you get on :good:

Go for it, it's on till the end of the month.

You now have a slight advantage over me by knowing you have full use of the gun on the majority of the stands, you can take extra cartridges with You. I only had 60 in my bag plus a couple in my pocket :lol:

20170603_155608_zpsynblfuhs.jpg

Good luck and let us know how you get on :good:

That stand 4 must have been a bit nasty.

If I go "full use" there might be complaints :lol:

I might make it down before the end of the month. If I do I'll certainly let you know how I got on.

Another cracking day! Thanks to everyone from PW who helped to organise it and to all the groundstaff at Sporting Targets.

Another thank you to all the Mighty Mambas, Evil Elvis, Donkey, South Oxfordshire Fowler, Essex Jonah and Jingle Fett. It was great meeting all of you and we had a good laugh going round the course. I'm afraid I didn't catch our ref's name but a quick shout out to him too for dispensing good advice and funny quips in equal measure.

I do however fear that Evil Elvis may have suffered some kind of permanent mental trauma that may be brought on again in the future by the sight of an orange clay going straight away and curling slightly to the left. :lol:

You my friend are NOT wrong!!!!

Id have been second were it not for that nasty ******, I normally blame my colourblindness but i have glasses to make oranges glow, so no excuse just couldnt hit em!!!!! Such a shame considering how hung over i was and the beer fumes coming off my skin, i shot like a pro.......until that stand lol, but still had a great time in great company it was nice to shoot with you all.

Edited by Evil Elvis

Great day! Raffle raised exactly £1300 with a further £11.20 in collection tins. Plus £805 from the entry fees, so a really good total with some more on just giving also

Well done to all.

What was the total raised (including just giving) please?

Edited by Eyefor

Eyefor, you can always send Teal a PM if you need to know urgently.

However, I expect he will reply when we are sure that all late donators have had a chance to make a contribution, the Just Giving page is usually left open for up to four weeks after the event.

If you go to the page, you can add up the total donations so far, if you wish.

Eyefor, you can always send Teal a PM if you need to know urgently.

However, I expect he will reply when we are sure that all late donators have had a chance to make a contribution, the Just Giving page is usually left open for up to four weeks after the event.

If you go to the page, you can add up the total donations so far, if you wish.

Thanks, but no hurry.

Events, such as this one, take a lot of organising and I doff my hat to those responsible, but was just interested to hear the total for a good cause.

Had I been in the UK I would have attended to support it but, knowing in advance that I would be away, I sent my few pennies the easy way!

Edited by Eyefor

My apologies I really should have posted sooner.

Had a great day (as always) at the charity do - shot like a good un - but suspect that was due to being squad-ed with Cat, 2+2 and the "Potters". Oh but for the last stand :no: .

Thanks to all involved who put so much time and effort into the day.

And just to finished the day off I actually won something on the raffle. A very nice Ridgeline Torrent jacket. So thanks again to Kingo for his prize acquiring prowess and to Nigel at Highland Outdoors for the donation and the great service I received as the correct size jacket arrived through the post very quickly.

ATB

OF

Edited by oxfordfowler

Thanks, but no hurry.

Events, such as this one, take a lot of organising and I doff my hat to those responsible, but was just interested to hear the total for a good cause.

Had I been in the UK I would have attended to support it but, knowing in advance that I would be away, I sent my few pennies the easy way!

Good man Eyefor, the total on the JustGiving page was £161.78 for this year, but it can creep up a bit after the event as Cranfield says :) Certainly your donation of £40 (£50 with gift aid) has gone to a very good cause :good: Hope to see you next year!