The Langstone Wildfowlers Assoc.has a limited number of vacancies for

Thank you gentlemen for your kind words.

I sometimes wonder what is going through the minds of those young, and not so young, shooters who lament their inability to get a toehold in the shooting world yet who turn their noses up at the prospect of joining a fowling club.

I`d dearly love to discuss with a shooter starting his involvement with our sport who lives within striking distance of Langstone Harbour the reason why he does NOT want to get on board a wildfowling club. If thats you, please, please enlighten me.

I sometimes wonder what is going through the minds of those young, and not so young, shooters who lament their inability to get a toehold in the shooting world yet who turn their noses up at the prospect of joining a fowling club.

I`d dearly love to discuss with a shooter starting his involvement with our sport who lives within striking distance of Langstone Harbour the reason why he does NOT want to get on board a wildfowling club. If thats you, please, please enlighten me.

If I was closer I'd have jumped at it aswell. I don't think pw casts a net big enough or to a younger audience to have them take advantage of the offers.

Honestly? I believe it's due to social media these days and the amount of liberals having such strong opinions on things they just don't understand.

It gets ever so popular for social media groups such as Hunt Saboteurs, Stop the Cull etc. to set-up and become popular with the many millions of simple minded sheep frequenting social media with no hobbies of their own.

They hear that a cute little fox cub or a beautiful little doe has been 'needlessly' killed and thats the whole story in their mind, they don't have the capacity to think about the bigger picture, much the same with wild fowling, 'what did those geese ever do to you' for instance. :hmm:

I genuinely think this makes hunting generally a lot more closed and private in modern day social media, same with wild fowling, it becomes hard to reach out to a new younger audience as a result. Some people let the liberals scare them away from such hobbies due to fear of condemnation.

I've only recently got into shooting, however I've always understood the need and concept of hunting as a practice. I'm only clay pigeon shooting for now but wish to follow this on to decoying etc. I'd love the opportunity to do some wild fowling however I'm just so darn far away from you guys! What a beautiful environment you have created!

Thats my opinion anyway. I don't let other people push their views on to me and I don't much care for the opinion of those uneducated either. Literally all those I went to school with in a fairly urban area have nothing much nice to say when I'm open about my views on shooting more than just clay targets.

Personally I don't let this bother me, however I imagine the uneducated babble and ridicule from some people could dismay others.

I don't think this is the case, it's the early starts, late finishes, the cold, the wet, the mud and the small bags (If any) and general hard work that puts people off.

Honestly? I believe it's due to social media these days and the amount of liberals having such strong opinions on things they just don't understand.

It gets ever so popular for social media groups such as Hunt Saboteurs, Stop the Cull etc. to set-up and become popular with the many millions of simple minded sheep frequenting social media with no hobbies of their own.

They hear that a cute little fox cub or a beautiful little doe has been 'needlessly' killed and thats the whole story in their mind, they don't have the capacity to think about the bigger picture, much the same with wild fowling, 'what did those geese ever do to you' for instance. :hmm:

I genuinely think this makes hunting generally a lot more closed and private in modern day social media, same with wild fowling, it becomes hard to reach out to a new younger audience as a result. Some people let the liberals scare them away from such hobbies due to fear of condemnation.

I've only recently got into shooting, however I've always understood the need and concept of hunting as a practice. I'm only clay pigeon shooting for now but wish to follow this on to decoying etc. I'd love the opportunity to do some wild fowling however I'm just so darn far away from you guys! What a beautiful environment you have created!

Thats my opinion anyway. I don't let other people push their views on to me and I don't much care for the opinion of those uneducated either. Literally all those I went to school with in a fairly urban area have nothing much nice to say when I'm open about my views on shooting more than just clay targets.

Personally I don't let this bother me, however I imagine the uneducated babble and ridicule from some people could dismay others.

You don't always need a dog. You can wait for low tides, shoot the flashes or stalk teal in the gullies.

What puts people off is the mud, the rusty barrels, the cold, the long walks with heavy packs, the mud, the locals beating you to the best spots when the birds come in, flightlining the politics at the agms, the mud, hailstones, the hard won knowledge, the fog and safety issues, and the mud.

I'm off to untangle my Decoys......

Edited by Footu

In the Langstone club we operate a very sucessful "buddy" system for those who don`t own a dog.

True, there is mud - It`s what makes it wildfowling, but we give full training on how to cope with it and frankly, it is`nt that bad on the areas you`ll likely be visiting.

Yep, it`s often cold, frequently wet and oft times the bag is empty. Our AGM`s though are genuinely pleasant affairs devoid of politics.

The main thing about fowling, and other hard core fowlers will understand this is that, once mastered, you can look down your nose with a feeling of utter superiority over those participants of lesser shotgun sports!

You don't always need a dog. You can wait for low tides, shoot the flashes or stalk teal in the gullies.

What puts people off is the mud, the rusty barrels, the cold, the long walks with heavy packs, the mud, the locals beating you to the best spots when the birds come in, flightlining the politics at the agms, the mud, hailstones, the hard won knowledge, the fog and safety issues, and the mud.

I'm off to untangle my Decoys......

Sounds like a little piece of heaven! Going out in all weather playing in mud with a shotgun trying to stalk your chosen quarry? If there ews anywhere near me id be well up for that!