Barley

Ultrastu

hello, i to had a look out yesterday, seen more pigeon in TRAFALGAR square :lol:

hello, can you post a pic of your mossy and dot sight ?

It sounds like your taking the mikey out of my modest bag of birds ?? This 35 is what we picked out of about 57 . I didnt think we did too bad .but i guess thats a trifeling amount for you ?

It sounds like your taking the mikey out of my modest bag of birds ?? This 35 is what we picked out of about 57 . I didnt think we did too bad .but i guess thats a trifeling amount for you ?

hello, sorry but no i do not do that to any PW member i was commenting on the lack of pigeon on my friends farm yesterday, you did well, as happens i do not shoot to often and never big bags like i see on here but then what would i do with them, my best last year was 15 on cut barley and i spent most of time watching red kites, i am a countryside man first then shooting after. oh ask me how many rats i have shot this year, now that is in treble figures :good: PS thanks for photos, i got the pump bug :rolleyes:

Edited by oldypigeonpopper

Ok no worries .i obviously read it wrong sorry .

I love my pump its not pretty but it is very effective and as its my only shot gun ive got pretty good with it .

Now air guns ive got WAY to many of those .

hello, no problem , yes thinking of a mossy 500 in camo, also looking for a .20 HW 95 K LEXUS ?

Mine is a 20b .

I personally think this is the best moderated shotty there is .and for field work cant see as i could need anythink other than it .

For context my buddy who has the same gun has now sold all his 12 b shotguns and only uses this .

We had last nigjt birds still flying across the field comming to our deeks as birds were being shot and they didnt flare away but still came in .as long as they are 150 yds away they arent bothered by the pops

The 500 is a great gun

I agree with a 20 bore or 410 moderated in that it does not scare the birds in the vicinity away like a 12 bore un-moderated would seem to. With so much choice of food, the woody's could easily pack their lunch boxes and use a different store. I have a little permission that has a cross drilled crop of peas in amongst barley and the birds are loving it. I've seen birds from a small flock of 5 or 6 just carry on down the field about 150 yards and pitch into the corn and not be bothered by a low level bang as one of their members drops from the sky. I'm loathed to take any other gun now in case I mess up an otherwise good day. My gun is only a single shot Pedretti 20 and often I could use a second shot, but it works for me. Very interested in the red dot sights Ultrastu, have been thinking about them myself, but not sure about moving targets and whether I'd be turning a shotgun into a rifle and start closing one eye. Any tips? Cheers

• 1 month later...

Ok no worries .i obviously read it wrong sorry .

I love my pump its not pretty but it is very effective and as its my only shot gun ive got pretty good with it .

Now air guns ive got WAY to many of those .

you want to sell any of your airguns bud and looking of getting a moss 500