North Kent

M2 Shooter

Went out yesterday and for the first time in 6 weeks actually saw some pigeons on a field. There weren't many but it was good to see them on the edge and in a poor area of a pea field. Rather than keep driving around the area we decided to set up for a couple of hours and watch the world go by. We shot 3 and a crow, not brilliant but the first birds shot in 6 weeks - lets hope things are changing.

The only pigeons that I have seen up until now have been 50 to 100 or so on cabbages and caulis in Thanet adjacent to Westwood Cross and so totally unshootable. They certainly know when they can feed in safety.

However, yesterday, I saw 20 to 30 hovering and dropping onto a field of wheat which must now be at the 'milky' stage, so with care may offer some shooting with perhaps a whirly or couple of flappers. My plan would be to set the whirly/flappers actually over the wheat and set the hide up on the adjacent field (short maize) and intersect them on the flight-line to the wheat. The idea being not to shoot them over the wheat where they would be irretrievable without doing damage to the crop.

Even a few shots would 'scratch the itch' of what seems a long absence from the field.

OB

The only pigeons that I have seen up until now have been 50 to 100 or so on cabbages and caulis in Thanet adjacent to Westwood Cross and so totally unshootable. They certainly know when they can feed in safety.

However, yesterday, I saw 20 to 30 hovering and dropping onto a field of wheat which must now be at the 'milky' stage, so with care may offer some shooting with perhaps a whirly or couple of flappers. My plan would be to set the whirly/flappers actually over the wheat and set the hide up on the adjacent field (short maize) and intersect them on the flight-line to the wheat. The idea being not to shoot them over the wheat where they would be irretrievable without doing damage to the crop.

Even a few shots would 'scratch the itch' of what seems a long absence from the field.

OB

I have seen the same! are they the cabbages to the left as you go round the roundabout? my wife says its a wonder I don't have an accident, as I have always got my head in the fields and not on my driving.

not been out either for about the same length of time, been keeping an eye out on a large area of poor rape, but nothing doing!

Same here.. set up yesterday at 1pm and shot 11 in 6hrs.. as about to leave got busy for 15minutes on a flight line into the woods shooting another 10..

Edited by Buddy london