Terror attacks

Twistedsanity

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Damned if they do and damned if they don't.

The police, by the very nature of crime ( without intelligence to pre-empt ) are a reactive force.

I'm no fan but under the circumstances I think they did everything that could reasonably be expected of them.

They cannot be everywhere, which is why I'm a proponent of civilian armed defence.

And if police had not been there in 8 minutes ?? These nutters are not representing any religion, if they where, they would ask their victims what religion, they, (the attacked) were, before assaulting them, surely they would not wish to hurt their own kind, they, the nutters, will kill any body they can get at.

Now the dust has settled it appears the police took 12 mins to respond, 8 mins to neutralise the threat, fired a whopping 50 rounds at 3 people and also managed to shoot a member of the public in the head, source is the guardian.

I know 50 rounds is disgusting, you'd think they'd have more rounds than that to put into them.

8-12 minutes is a fantastic response time,and all 3 terrorists were taken out in that time.

Remember the police are going in blind initially,and also into a confusing hostile environment,I for one commend their professionalism and bravery.BB

And I don't think one civilian getting injured by the police discharging that amount of ammunition is too bad,especially when you think the damage inflicted by the terrorists with a van and knives.

Edited by Bluebarrels

And if police had not been there in 8 minutes ?? These nutters are not representing any religion, if they where, they would ask their victims what religion, they, (the attacked) were, before assaulting them, surely they would not wish to hurt their own kind, they, the nutters, will kill any body they can get at.

Course they would hurt their own. Muslims have killed Muslims for generations.

All this they don't represent their religion is complete rubbish, there are many forms of Islam some are stricter than others. Westernised Muslims would be seen the same as westerners.

23,000 estimated Jihadis in this country, this isn't just a few...

Well according to the interviews with people who knew the attacker/s the week before this incident the people involved were going around their neighbours, knocking on the doors and offering cakes and sweets (Ramadan religious festival) then a week later they were killing the very same people.

They pick their times and areas so the chances of true Muslims being there is less likely, but as we have seen from other Muslim countries they do kill their own kind.

Was it the Iranian Embassy or the Death on the Rock incident where the special forces chap was asked why he shot the assailant 30 times to which he responded "because I ran out of bullets".

I don't know if it's fact or fiction but having watched some of the you tube videos that fly around, it's clear that people don't react as they do in the films when shot - they don't drop like a sack of spuds and it's only rounds into vital organs and loss of blood that does the trick and that takes time and bullets. Indeed, factor in adrenalin or drugs and it's even longer.

I remember there was a video of a US cop shooting a man in a park - he shot the bloke 12 times with a glock as he ran away and the bloke made it a good 100 yards before expiring.

We've all at some point shot an animal before (lethally on target into a vital organ) with expanding ammo and been amazed how far it's made away.

"Get the bullets down range and on target, there's no prizes for style" © Stuart, Croatia 2009

Edited by Mungler

Now the dust has settled it appears the police took 12 mins to respond, 8 mins to neutralise the threat, fired a whopping 50 rounds at 3 people and also managed to shoot a member of the public in the head, source is the guardian.

Which attack(s) are you referring to?

Mate said this to me at work re 50 rounds shot and only 3 terrorists. My answer was if it was me pulling the trigger he'd of been getting round after round until the scum hit the bottom. Remember these scum had unknown to officers ( dummy bombs strapped to them).

The police did a teriffic job and one that we should be entirely grateful that they acted like they did.How many more people could of been killed if they hadn't took the action they did.

Was it the Iranian Embassy or the Death on the Rock incident where the special forces chap was asked why he shot the assailant 30 times to which he responded "because I ran out of bullets".

I don't know if it's fact or fiction but having watched some of the you tube videos that fly around, it's clear that people don't react as they do in the films when shot - they don't drop like a sack of spuds and it's only rounds into vital organs and loss of blood that does the trick and that takes time and bullets. Indeed, factor in adrenalin or drugs and it's even longer.

I remember there was a video of a US cop shooting a man in a park - he shot the bloke 12 times with a glock as he ran away and the bloke made it a good 100 yards before expiring.

We've all at some point shot an animal before (lethally on target into a vital organ) with expanding ammo and been amazed how far it's made away.

"Get the bullets down range and on target, there's no prizes for style" © Stuart, Croatia 2009

I don't think anyone on Gibraltar had 30 bullets in them, one terrorist was shot 17 times but that was with all 4 members shooting him. But they did what was needed to get the job done.

the police did a great job and saved many lifes that night

hello, A BIG PLUS 1 and lets not forget the paramedics/ hospital staff and brave members of the public. words utterly fail me on what is happening in our country i call great britain yet there are people who are hell bent on destroying our way of life, :rolleyes: