Terror attacks

Twistedsanity

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

We we're lucky. This latest bunch of fruit had a vehicle and large blades as weapons. How long before one or more of them decide to go nuts with semi autos and some boxes of fox stoppers? When that happens they will be met with the same discipline and prejudice by the security forces as on Saturday night.

I applaud the armed response shown, Saturday nights tragedy will sharpen their responses and resolve.

I'm just hoping the next bunch of idiots don't go for kids and schools next time.

It's an absolute miracle that only one member of the public was accidentally shot and it's a testament to the training of the police, as regards 50 bullets well they need to revise how many magazines they're allowed to carry as it does seem a little moderate.

One civilian injured is probably a small sacrifice.Imagine this,your the officer, a guy has what appears a bomb strapped to him,a bomb that may be similar to the one used in Manchester.He is making for a packed bar,do you take the shot to save dozens or do you risk hitting 1 civilian in the process No of us are trained as firearms officers (if anyone is then we are extremely proud of you).We are brought up on backdrops,ie a shot that can wait for the next time.This is no situation where you can leave it a second time.We don't know if they have training to make that balance decision(risk assessment in seconds) I.e sacrifice one to save dozens.

Edited by Davyo

My local gunshop told me this morning that he was alerted by his FEO that he should be on high alert for people acting suspiciously in the shop. Lovely guy and frequently on his own in the shop, it wouldn't take much for a couple of bearded nutters to overpower him (or worse) and make off with a boot full of rifles, shotguns and ammunition.

Can't even defend himself in that situation, using the "equipment" he makes a living from selling.

This is all getting very scary, I am not sure where it will go next.

Edited by Wingman

My local gunshop told me this morning that he was alerted by his FEO that he should be on high alert for people acting suspiciously in the shop. Lovely guy and frequently on his own in the shop, it wouldn't take much for a couple of bearded nutters to overpower him (or worse) and make off with a boot full of rifles, shotguns and ammunition.

Can even defend himself in that situation, using the "equipment" he makes a living from selling.

Was told something smiliar by another shop regarding strange people asking things (alert by FEO).

They said it was 8 officers who shot off 50 rounds. To me that isn't many. They all decided to pull the trigger for a reason and I suspect it will be beacuse they saw what looked like suicide vests and will of had a fraction of a second to react as they most likely won't of complied with any request from the armed officers.

If someone was coming at me with what looked like a suicide bomb strapped to them I would take as many shots as needed to protect myself / colleagues and members of public.

I can't fault the police actions or response to this event and feel sorry for the armed officers as no matter what they do they will get bad press somewhere and also will get legally scrutinised.

I think they changed the policy on suspension after fatal shooting recently.

Can't even defend himself in that situation, using the "equipment" he makes a living from selling.

Well if you think about it the attackers made a head on attack with knifes knowing they were likely to be confronted by armed police, that makes me think they are struggling to get arms for these attacks, so where do they start looking, maybe your local gun shop me thinks.

We we're lucky. This latest bunch of fruit had a vehicle and large blades as weapons. How long before one or more of them decide to go nuts with semi autos and some boxes of fox stoppers? When that happens they will be met with the same discipline and prejudice by the security forces as on Saturday night.

I applaud the armed response shown, Saturday nights tragedy will sharpen their responses and resolve.

I'm just hoping the next bunch of idiots don't go for kids and schools next time.

No mate the new method of attack is heavy/large vehicle and then a knife attack,the type of terrorists that commit these sorts of attacks are moving away from weapon attacks.It's much easier for a lone Wolf or small group of terrorists to obtain knifes/machetes etc without flagging themselves up to security services. Edited by Bluebarrels

When I was in Texas a couple of weeks ago I went for dinner with one of my Texan colleagues. We spoke about the attack on Westminster bridge and he made the point that if that happened in the US the knife wielding attacker would have been quickly dispatched by any number of law abiding citizens with CCW permits. Made sense to me, although I would suspect that this type of attack would likely involve firearms rather than edged weapons in the US but an interesting point on cultural differences nonetheless.

My issue would be there are reports of unarmed officers first on the scene, they were unable to stop the attackers that probably cost lives. Cressida **** has come out against all officers being armed for spurious reasons, i suppose its OK for her she is well guarded by armed police.

they wont let us carry over here,no matter what statistics show.

No we cant...

And apparently we shouldnt even have barriers up to protect us, as the poor cyclists think they are dangerous

http://www.standard.co.uk/news/crime/london-terror-attack-cyclists-voice-concerns-over-unsafe-security-barriers-on-capitals-bridges-a3557326.html

*** are these people on...

Your knowledge on the subject over whelms me Richie10, I personally have not been as close to these people as yourself, I stand corrected.

My reply wasn't to offend.

I have spoken to a few of these people, mainly around the time the book the Satanic Verses came out and you would be surprised what you would consider normal Muslims were willing to do to punish Salman Rushdie. These are people with families and young children and they didn't care of the consequences of their actions over a book.

Believe me people need to understand how these people think.

hello, A BIG PLUS 1 and lets not forget the paramedics/ hospital staff and brave members of the public. words utterly fail me on what is happening in our country i call great britain yet there are people who are hell bent on destroying our way of life, :rolleyes:

also i just cannot believe 10,000 people tried to get free tickets to the recent manchester music fesival claiming they had been at the 1st :no:

also i just cannot believe 10,000 people tried to get free tickets to the recent manchester music fesival claiming they had been at the 1st :no:

These are the same lying despicable scum that would rob vulnerable people, make false benefit claims and steal charity boxes........the selfish few subhumans that spoil things for everyone!

Does any one have statistics that show the amount of attacks stopped in the USA by civilians who carry ?

Not many I would have thought. Six people killed today in Florida - perpetrator took own life. Last year 49 people killed in nightclub - perpetrator shot by police. I can't recall reading about any where they were stopped by civilians other than in domestic burglaries.