870 Wingmaster 24" skeet barrel

Opossum

If you get a standard 26" barrel with multi-choke that would probably do as you can then use whatever choke takes your fancy.

And S2 barrels aren't a controlled item, so no need to do any travelling to collect, just get it mailed to you.

Or buy a another 30" barrel and cut it down (dont forget the legal limit) thus removing the choke, should be just fine for skeet. Just done this on a spare 30" full choke tube for my Mossy 500 and happily breaking clays at my local clay shoot. Its now 25.5 inches true cylinder,

Or buy a another 30" barrel and cut it down (dont forget the legal limit) thus removing the choke, should be just fine for skeet. Just done this on a spare 30" full choke tube for my Mossy 500 and happily breaking clays at my local clay shoot. Its now 25.5 inches true cylinder,

Careful of this....all the experts on here will tell you it can't be done or shouldn't be done or it makes you fat!

If you do this measure correctly several times & leave a bit extra wiggle space. (You may need to of its a ribbed barrel & you want the cut to match the vent slots)

Thanks for the replies everyone. I was at the shooting show this year and a dealer tried to answer a barrel length question by measuring from the back of the ejection port. I started running!

I was under the impression a barrel goes on the sgc, but apparently not. Does it need to be posted to my address or can I get it sent to my workplace for convenience?

Anyone got a 26 or 28" then? :D

Careful of this....all the experts on here will tell you it can't be done or shouldn't be done or it makes you fat!

If you do this measure correctly several times & leave a bit extra wiggle space. (You may need to of its a ribbed barrel & you want the cut to match the vent slots)

I did lt, luckily I am already fat so no bother there! I am glad I did it, the gun handles brilliantly now and will be spot on for close range pigeons over decoys.

Edited by Wingman

I was under the impression a barrel goes on the sgc, but apparently not. Does it need to be posted to my address or can I get it sent to my workplace for convenience?

Anyone got a 26 or 28" then? :D

Barrel doesn't need to go on SGC, I bought one from here was sent to me by the post, I mentioned it to my FEO a couple of weeks after and he said all is in order so happy days. I think many RFD's will though just to cover their *****.

• 2 weeks later...