Landrover series 3 soft top build

keeper96

Hi guys,

So following on from vikings build I thought I'd share my current project.

It's not going to be anywhere near his standard of cleanliness or preparation as mines going to be used for going near puddles and dirt 😉

It started out as a 2.25 petrol hardtop with windows when we got it.

So far the list of parts required is

1x chassis (currently in paint)

4x springs (parabolic, just arrived as I type!!)

4x shocks

Plus all the other little things like brakes and pipes etc.

The mechanical parts will all be sorted in house as my dad is a time served HGV mechanic and I work weekends in a Landrover garage 😂

The bodywork and major welding (bulkhead) is going to the garage I help out in. It's going to be refinished in pastel green and with an exmoor trim soft top.

Now then fun part.... anyone care to explain how to post pictures from a phone?

Hi guys,

So following on from vikings build I thought I'd share my current project.

It's not going to be anywhere near his standard of cleanliness or preparation as mines going to be used for going near puddles and dirt

It started out as a 2.25 petrol hardtop with windows when we got it.

So far the list of parts required is

1x chassis (currently in paint)

4x springs (parabolic, just arrived as I type!!)

4x shocks

Plus all the other little things like brakes and pipes etc.

The mechanical parts will all be sorted in house as my dad is a time served HGV mechanic and I work weekends in a Landrover garage

The bodywork and major welding (bulkhead) is going to the garage I help out in. It's going to be refinished in pastel green and with an exmoor trim soft top.

Now then fun part.... anyone care to explain how to post pictures from a phone?

im sure someone will be along shortly.... :good:

god give me strength, not another land rover re build thread :lol::lol:

looking forward to this mate, we need plenty of pictures and explanations on what your doing. :good::good:

what i do with my photos is take them on my phone then email them to myself at a lower quality, so if i send 5 pictures it will ask what quality you just have to keep it at less than 300kb per photo, so 5 photos would be ok to send at 1.5mb's on an iphone anyway,

hope this makes sense, it does to me, but then again im a little bit mental :whistling::whistling:

If he can include mastic and some rubber then that is always a bonus.

so you did read all the thread.... :yahoo:

its ok TD, i have some bent ones :lol::lol:

injectors here we ******' come... :lol:

i dont think he realises how sad we are, and that he has to produce daily updates with pictures, even if its just some random stuff that includes a pack of backy,rizla papers,lighter and a brew :lol::lol:

hey man im sooo random..

Come on lads!! Sound of us work you know!!

Just on my last couple of nights out of a block of 6 then I can sort through my phone and computer!!

thats nuthin'............VILKING could get trapped under a chassis...break his ribs ...go to hostpital...do a full days work cleaning a skyscraper.....get poo faced on jungle juice...eat a 4000deg' Vindaloo....and post a dozen pics...with fags an' tea in them....get 2 hours of intense abuse.....

all before 9 o'clock at night... :good:

thats nuthin'............VILKING could get trapped under a chassis...break his ribs ...go to hostpital...do a full days work cleaning a skyscraper.....get poo faced on jungle juice...eat a 4000deg' Vindaloo....and post a dozen pics...with fags an' tea in them....get 2 hours of intense abuse.....

they dont make many like me though, yorkshire born yorkshire bred, strong in the arms dead in the head. :lol::lol:

AND, Blame it all on his mate for not turning up till late, only staying an hour and not getting anything done :lol: :lol:

• 2 weeks later...