Election Results SLOWLY coming In

TIGHTCHOKE

Not a good result but not a disaster as Labour did't get a majority which would jave been truly awaful.

My take is that a lot of the younger generation voted. I suspect for 2 reasons.

The idealistic views of the Labour party which will always be attractive at their age (as it did me before I realised a lot goes to people who have no intention of contributing anything)

And Secondly they didn't turn out at the referendum with the result went against them and they weren't going to allow that again.

My concern now is how bad the negoitations will be.

Cameron has stuffed the country well and proper.

Edited by Paul1440

• Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Corbyn has so far managed to blow away all his critics time and again, to do so well in a media rigged election is rather extraordinary and an indication that you can't fool enough people.

It doesnt matter if the typical media outlet was rigged they made absolutely no difference to this election what so ever. Labour did so well as they pretty much did everything right on social media and were the first party to properly embrace it and engage younger voters. The power of social media is quite simply in-comparable to any other news or media outlet. Conservatives completely missed this boat (along with many many other shortcomings) hence why in effect, even thought they have "won" have been crucified by a man who less than 3 months ago the vast majority of the nation though was completely un-electable.

I voted tory for one reason, getting a good deal out of brexit. If it wasnt for that i wouldnt have voted at all and previously i have been an big tory believer.

She called this election to lose it and deliberately scupper Brexit, no two ways about it. She is owned by higher powers.

I just think you might be right here.

Sounds like 'I really have got myself into somewhat of a mess, I'll do a Dave on it here,

call an election which I might not win due to a dodgy manifesto, look an idiot and then escape and to add to this I really

think I wanted to stay in the EU anyway'

:no: :no: :no: :no: :no:

Edited by das

Poontang I agree entirely that her campaign team and, I believe, her inner circle of advisors have sold her very badly. She has looked like a woman completely out of place.

Agreed.

To me she's always seemed pretty confident when addressing other MP's and the like, but she seems like a rabbit caught in the headlights when asked to perform in front of the general public. There's nothing wrong with that in itself, even Thatcher had training in public speaking and projecting herself. This is why I find it so strange that her team ran a presidential style campaign... bizarre. Then to throw in a manifesto that seemed to attack their core vote was just incredulous. When I was at the polling station yesterday I spoke with my local Tory councillor who told me that pretty much all the local Tory activists spent the last few weeks with their heads in their hands. Says it all really!

I Think PMT is history now, it's just a matter of time before she goes.

The scary thing is, I don't see anyone on the Tory benches that's any better.

Predictions - a very early general election, and Chuka Umunna to be prime minister. What do you all think of that, pigeon watch massive? :good:

Agreed.

To me she's always seemed pretty confident when addressing other MP's and the like, but she seems like a rabbit caught in the headlights when asked to perform in front of the general public. There's nothing wrong with that in itself, even Thatcher had training in public speaking and projecting herself. This is why I find it so strange that her team ran a presidential style campaign... bizarre. Then to throw in a manifesto that seemed to attack their core vote was just incredulous. When I was at the polling station yesterday I spoke with my local Tory councillor who told me that pretty much all the local Tory activists spent the last few weeks with their heads in their hands. Says it all really!

Absolutely, some of the elements of the campaign turned a challenging job for the Tories, in marginal or aspirational seats, into a near impossibility.

The amazing thing for me over the last 7 years of Conservative led government is the amount of time they have conspired to shoot themselves in the foot. There have been an incredible amount of u turns and back pedalling around policies that were appropriate to be looked at, but poorly considered and incredibly badly launched.

I believe that the parliamentary advisors and strategists within the Conservatives need to have a very bright light shone on them.

And my area voted in tory so its everyone else's fault, see you all again in autumn.

As did as lot of others I know, Gordon says it right tory did win but not what was expected.

So what now?

Corbyn must be loving this, he looses but comes off looking good strange old world

Just imajine wot would have happened if corbyn et al had got in......................

after all the statements and luvy stuff....he would have gone into 10 downing street ...closed the door ....sat at his desk....put his head in his hands............and thought....

"ohh...**** "................"what am i going to do now".................."ive told all these lies and made all these promises......i have no chance of keeping, ....unless i break the country"

"ohh dear what am i going to do "

I find myself wishing Labour had won ( and think following the inevitable looming election this autumn that they might just do so ) and then I could gloat at all those naive (?) bright young things and other labour voters when they see the look of panic in Corbyns eyes when he realises he now has to deliver.

A case of be careful what you wish for.

A had high hopes for Mrs may when she got in thought shes a bit of a ball buster write women for the job people voted for brexit why didn't she just get on with it instead of calling for a election at this time realy? Very disappointed in her to be honest

A had high hopes for Mrs may when she got in thought shes a bit of a ball buster write women for the job people voted for brexit why didn't she just get on with it instead of calling for a election at this time realy? Very disappointed in her to be honest

She thought she was going to make a killing. Labour looked to be in disarray and Corbyn seemed to be a joke. A landslide looked to be on the cards . . . but as commentators have been wont to say "It's a funny old game . . ."

I have solved it its all down to the RUSSIANS they must have been spreading fake news about Mrs May.

Broadly this may be not too far from the situation knowing your idol comrade Corbyn is already in Putins pocket and over the years has appeared on Russian TV more than the UK. Although his party and followers will deny this fact like his consorting with known terrorists.

Gordon, Corbyn has every reason to be deliriously happy. He's outperformed expectations but he hasn't actually won, so he can stay in opposition, sniping from the sidelines without actually having any responsibility to do anything.

An astute observation. His stock amongst the Labour zealots will have risen. I'm still unsure why losing an election makes anyone better. However, Labour promises to bail out students, the NHS, re-nationalise water, rail etc., plus a bag of sweets for all voters will never be put to the test. Therefore supporters will be able to claim that he would have done all these things - despite the money not being there - but was prevented by a dodgy electorate. :hmm:

I Think PMT is history now, it's just a matter of time before she goes.

The scary thing is, I don't see anyone on the Tory benches that's any better.

Predictions - a very early general election, and Chuka Umunna to be prime minister. What do you all think of that, pigeon watch massive? :good:

David Davis might fancy a stab at being PM. He might think it's going to be less stressful than spending 2 years in Brussels bent over the negotiation table with his pants down.

Council Estate lad of a single parent done well might appeal.

David Davis might fancy a stab at being PM. He might think it's going to be less stressful than spending 2 years in Brussels bent over the negotiation table with his pants down.