cleaning underneath a mower deck

d foxxer

hi all

would any one on here know the best way to clean underneath the mower deck I have heard its best not to tilt them on their side as oil falls out everywhere and tilting can damage the engine its a self propelled with Honda engine so don't want to ****** it up as only bought it couple of weeks ago thanks foxxer

Give the wife a stiff brush to hold then run over her 😃

In all seriousness, I put the nozzle of the pressure washer in the grass chute and give it a blast, and/or tip it to one side and give it a blast and then the other side.

Edited by TaxiDriver

Remove the spark plug lead, get a piece of old carpet, and two bricks. lower the handle holding it down with carpet over the handle hold it in place with the bricks either side of the carpet, give it a good clean. stand it up again. Wait a coupl of minutes, plug lead back on, and fire it up. I find if you tip it on its side, it can smoke abit on firring up. tipping it back over does not seem to do that.

Edited by johnphilip

had this problem before............go to the mower place and buy a aluminium hose connector....about £ 3.00 quid i think....drill a hole in the deck above the blade...put the connector in the hole then drill another hole thro the cleat which is part of the connector and then put a small nut and bolt thro''

run engine connect up hose and turn it on......do low revs then bring it up to full chat..............

I would not have thought it was a problem to tip it enough to put a power washer or pressure hose underneath. The machines will cut sloping grass without a problem.

Shouldn't need to lay it on it's side. Get someone to hold it at and angle or put a brick/block of wood under the edge to hold it up.

Give the wife a stiff brush to hold then run over her

In all seriousness, I put the nozzle of the pressure washer in the grass chute and give it a blast, and/or tip it to one side and give it a blast and then the other side.

Thats the way to do Neil,not run over the wife but give her the pressure washer once she has finished cutting the grass,keeps her busy for hours :lol: